Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner RTR V-8

Murderface

Reaction score
V8 RWD Camry, aye :D

Interesting to hear, I heard there was another manufacturer trying to get into the V8 Supercar championship here, maybe this is a prototype of the platform to do it :rock:

Could be, was watching that race today with the V8 Supercars in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. I remember hearing them say they were pushing 650hp in those cars and the TRD NASCAR Camry has 680hp:top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Trd-x you sir are retarted and have no idea what your talking about. The airbags in the 05+ Tacoma use a dual stage setup whereas the supras and other Toyotas use a single stage. The harness you posted is for older cars, so you don't have to swap plugs. Two of my friends have the trd supra wheel one in an 04 Tacoma and the other in his 06 xr.

The 04 Tacoma has the airbag hooked up because he swapped the plug over. The 06 xr doesn't have it hooked up only because it uses 4 wires 2 for each stage and the supra has 2 wires for the single stage.

Could you figure it out probably, so don't say it's been done plenty.

You Sir are the one that's Retarted! How could I quote: "figure it out" if I was retarted?
Your on of those guys that has a friend with something not you. Next!

Deep breath gentlemen, we all know the rules around here. :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Could be, was watching that race today with the V8 Supercars in Surfers Paradise, Queensland. I remember hearing them say they were pushing 650hp in those cars and the TRD NASCAR Camry has 680hp:top:

Unfortunately, they aren't planning to produce anything like it. RK did the design. And we talked with the creator of it. It's not really a Camry. It's a Solara with the Camry front, doors, and rear. They just modified the doors my making them a little longer. Also they said it took a total of 6 months, start to finish. Thing is sick!!! The wheels are also NOT TRD wheels. They are TSW's with a TRD center cap...haha!

Murderface

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they aren't planning to produce anything like it. RK did the design. And we talked with the creator of it. It's not really a Camry. It's a Solara with the Camry front, doors, and rear. They just modified the doors my making them a little longer. Also they said it took a total of 6 months, start to finish. Thing is sick!!! The wheels are also NOT TRD wheels. They are TSW's with a TRD center cap...haha!

Sorry I shoulda been more clear, I didn't mean to have anyone think that I said RK was gonna build the cars for Austr V8 supercars but rather that it could be a Camry that is next for that series. I'm sure it will be TRD Australia that ends up building those cars for that series.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
The camry still looks pretty sweet though. bbk's front and rear, a freakin huge V-8, and RWD. whats not to like?:top: I like how they tweaked the front end, normally I don't like camrys but this is a nice exception.

elynor_v

Reaction score
I think the RTR looks sick as hell. Too much engine and power for me, but they've got some good pics of it.

2011 is the target date, I've heard. I got two pics in my gallery. I'm hyped about it, too, though!

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I think the RTR looks sick as hell. Too much engine and power for me, but they've got some good pics of it.

2011 is the target date, I've heard. I got two pics in my gallery. I'm hyped about it, too, though!

They aren't gonna produce it.

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Its a nice truck but I'm not sh**ing my pants. It has a 5.7L V8 and its supercharged it should run mid 11s it runs 12.1. plus its an automatic. This should be a challenge to the top guys here. Surely we can lower these #s. Lets hit 12.1 with our motor

fmap4life

Reaction score
my next dream is a 454 in our truck, I placed plenty down and may not worry about trade value , I Have A Dream!!!:top:

darthyota

Reaction score
old news man theres an offical stickied thread if you do a search you will find it

Top Bottom