Xii Performance Steel Leaf Springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MaK10-XRnR, Nov 22, 2019.

1. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

Hey XRU,

Picking up a pair of used XII Performance leaf springs and i just wanted everyone's opinion on them? How much better are they than the 2" blocks? Has anyone ever compared these with a pair of caltracs traction bars? How stiff was the suspension afterwards?

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks,

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

If you are talking about the composite mono leaf springs, you can not use caltracs on them. They're not designed for additional pinch points created by the forward hinge. I've had the mono leafs for years and loved them, WAY better than blocks. I don't know why you'd try to "compare" a leaf spring to a traction bar. I've been running them so long I can't remember how the ride compares to stock, but I have zero complaints.

3. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

I'm referring to the steel leaf pack that they produced for a very short time, not the mono leaf.

4. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I have a set sitting in my garage.....I'm told the ride quality is actually better than the monos. I'll be going to them in the spring.

5. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

Awesome. I'm just hoping that putting these in to replace my blocks, combined with QA1 shocks will be a huge improvement. Right now it just rides like total shit, but that could the Caltracs doing that.

6. macg33k

macg33k Member

I have them on my truck and I think they perform great. I had heard that the mono leaf rode worse, plus I sometimes have needed to haul my motorcycle in the truck, so I was glad to have an option that can still use the truck to haul things. I've also got the QA1s and they're excellent as well. :)

7. captainkimhawk

I have the 3" steel leaf springs, ride great with qa1

8. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

Awesome, this is what i like to hear. The main leaf on the driver side is broken but I'll be having a new leaf bent up. Should be as good as new once I have everything together.