Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR & CBR

CBRBob

Reaction score
You can't get the whole bike on the gate in one shot. Most sportbikes with gas are no more than 450lbs. When the front wheel is on the gate, the backis still on the ramp on the ground so it's always less than 100%, even as you roll it in.

I have the D-rings on the front bed bolts. I sometimes use them or the rail, depends on the configuration of the bike.

I coach trackdays, what would you like to know?

Rickenfan

Reaction score
I bought th D-rings from toyota, I had to drill the hole out larger in the front and there was no nut that came with, I had to buy a locknuts from ace hardware, To install I had to have someone turn the bolt from in the bed while I was underneath, kind of a p.i.t.a. but it was worth it.
On a second note Ive looked into Jennings in north Florida. I would like to try a demo day with a bike preferably a gsxr 1000. Would you have any info where I could
get a package deal for a day with one, leathers and all, I've got a helmet already. . .

CBRBob

Reaction score
Umm, nut for what? You just drill the hole on the d-ring mount and install the bed bolt through it.

Jenning, nope, i'm not that far south. Lookup Jennings website and see who runs days there. Yes most will have a free, demo session.

firesquare16

Reaction score
hey guys. I'm in the process of picking up a 09 R6 in a few weeks and wanted to know the best way to ramp it up. i saw some flat wood in one picture. just want something i can fit in the bed or the cab. and how should i check to see if my tailgate would be damaged or bent?

Thanks!

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
take the tailgate off, its not going to handle much weight at all. they are very weak when it comes to big loads.

firesquare16

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same, but i want to see good methods on actually loading the bike. i'm a smaller guy. 5'7" 135lbs.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
just use 2 pieces of wood.. walk up one piece and drive the bike up other piece is the easiest unless you wanna push it up the piece of wood.

firesquare16

Reaction score
that sounds good. i got pallets at work i can modify once my truck comes back from Toyota.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
that sounds good. i got pallets at work i can modify once my truck comes back from Toyota.

yea, just rig up a couple boards together. Our trucks are low enuff you can push them up with one board but if you wanna be on the safe side just use 2 boards and you can either push it up or start it and just ride the clutch up the board take ya like 2 seconds to load the bike up :)

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I have an aluminum folding ramp and tie it down in the bed. There low profile and will slide under the bike so there easy to take with. If you can back the truck up to a driveway with the tires in the low spot. You should be able to walk it in with most driveways.

I freak poeple out. I set up the ramp and i use a baxley wheel chock in the bed. I get several feet back and run with my R1 and jump into the bed with it.

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score
Nice pics guys...mine is a little old, but I thought I'd post!!!

I need to take some new pics.

Picture001.jpg

Hoju

Reaction score
I'll join in

Attachments

• DSC_0645.jpg
    DSC_0645.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0567.jpg
    DSC_0567.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 90