Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xtreme creations pannels... sound good or bad

disciple X

Reaction score
i need honest opinions ONLY from those who have them or have heard them in person... do they sound good or not, and what subs/ amp are you using. thanks.

Tapp

Reaction score
i have been in NTINHRI's truck, they sound good!!!! id love to get a set, but im wanting to reduce weight...not gain...

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
i've heard a few peoples, Michaels (wshbears) (when he had his truck) and i think it was Steve (ntinhri). Michaelhad Rockford Fosgate HX2 10's in his and they sounded really sick. not sure what Steve has/had in his at XFE but they deffinately put out a nice bump and it was really crisp.

my only drawback/concerns with the Xtreme creation panels is #1 you have to use your stock door panel so if you ever wanna get rid of them you gotta get new panels, and #2 something about hanging a 20lb sub from a plastic/fiberglass door panel held on by lil plastic clips just doesn't seem smart :dontknow: just my .02

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
i've heard a few peoples, Michaels (wshbears) (when he had his truck) and i think it was Steve (ntinhri). Michaelhad Rockford Fosgate HX2 10's in his and they sounded really sick. not sure what Steve has/had in his at XFE but they deffinately put out a nice bump and it was really crisp.

my only drawback/concerns with the Xtreme creation panels is #1 you have to use your stock door panel so if you ever wanna get rid of them you gotta get new panels, and #2 something about hanging a 20lb sub from a plastic/fiberglass door panel held on by lil plastic clips just doesn't seem smart :dontknow: just my .02

The panels are held on by bolts, but thats another reason why I still havent installed mine yet. I really dont want to cut my stock panels and all the weight hanging on your door. They do sound good, but i really would like to have the whole door panel redone not just added on.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
The panels are held on by bolts, but thats another reason why I still havent installed mine yet. I really dont want to cut my stock panels and all the weight hanging on your door. They do sound good, but i really would like to have the whole door panel redone not just added on.

oh ok well good to know its bolts, thanx for clarifying :top:.

disciple X

Reaction score
i am not concerned with the fact that i have to modify the stock panels.... if they sound good, i will have no reason to go back to stock panels... i am concerned with the mounting and with the sound quality... i believe i could fab something to secure the subs in place... so, i'm mostly concerned with the sound quaility. is there physically enough room to run a good sub?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
You would be best off running a shallow-mount sub. The airspace is somewhere near 0.5 cu ft (you could possibly stretch this number a little bit by adding some polyfil to the insides) with a mounting depth of 6.5". (You could obviously increase the mounting depth with thicker mounting rings)

disciple X

Reaction score
that's really my main concern... shallow mount sub, do they make shallow mounts that actually sound good???

wshsbears

Reaction score
the deal with the panels is that u should install them with a piece of strap metal screwed into the top of the sub box and screw that into the metal inside part of the door. make it so that when you install them, its easy to put on and off. make the screw into the panel directly behind the speaker hole so that u can take the speaker out and have direct access. its not a hard install, just takes common sense and a few tools.

as already stated, i had rockford HX2's which is a shallow mount sub that runs 500W RMS and i powered them with a JL 500.1 turned to about 1/4 of the actual power output. im not huge on bass, but when the time was right, they hit crazy hard.

i worked the rattles out of mine by using thick spongy double stick tape in certain places where the stock door panel would rattle on the door, but thats common with any custom audio set-up.

i also had eclipse components for mids/highs and i love those speakers, they're now in the Z and so clear.

the bottom line is: if ur going to install these, get a good shallow mount sub, strong amp, and make sure u have the mids and highs to back up the bump.

u can't increase the mounting depth b/c of the rear seats. my subs were pretty close to those seats. a little ring wouldn't make enough difference i don't think.

there are a few good shallow mount subs. u just have to pick one and hope it sounds good or get rockford HX2's. i've seen pics with momo subs in someone's panels too. they sound great too!

Last edited:

disciple X

Reaction score
now that's what i was looking for... thanks bro... anybody else???

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
u can't increase the mounting depth b/c of the rear seats. my subs were pretty close to those seats. a little ring wouldn't make enough difference i don't think.

Ah... didn't think about that part. Good point.

Disciple, this is why I said to talk to this guy :smile:

wshsbears

Reaction score
lol, i check for PM's all the time guys.. i havn't disappeared and wont. i just don't surf this forum looking for more things to do b/c i don't have my truck anymore.. im still messing with tacos and can't wait for the daytona meet in a week and a half

NixXR462

Reaction score
I love mine. just make sure before you mount them to put something inbetween the bar that opens the door and the door or it will rattle.

thunderkat1

Reaction score
I got the panels almost a year ago. I have JL W3's with JL 500.1 amp. They sound great. There are the obvious problems with any custom install like this. I ended up getting them layered with extra fiberglass because I found them to be a little thin, but after the beefing up and the careful install they are great. If you want your back "seats" still usable and are willing to spend the extra time for the customization than get them.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Mine sound good, I deadened everything pretty good and have no rattles or anything.
If I were to do it over again I would go for the subX instead of the panels. Cutting them and making everything fit correctly was a pain. and there is alot of room for improvement on the the looks to make a really clean looking custom install.

sirspiroc

Reaction score
decent sound with 8"pvc 6"depth sealed

picture.php

kcidmil

Reaction score
that's really my main concern... shallow mount sub, do they make shallow mounts that actually sound good???

With the auto industry trying to stuff everything possible into a vehicle's interior, it's forced the audio industry to finally start focusing more on shallow mounts. I've seen an explosion of products over the past couple of years.

Memphis S-Class
Illusion Audio (tends to use less space because of their shallow basket and inverted magnet design)
Kicker CVT Series
MTX TT Series
Pioneer TS Series
Clarion SFW Series
Boss D Series
Power Acoustik STW
Lanzar

and I believe JL came out with one recently, not 100% sure on that though. Those above are only the ones I know of off hand. I'm going with Memphis S-Class for my panels, but I'm just a big fan of Memphis. It was a close race between them and Illusion Audio.

Like anything you get what you pay for. As for sounding good, I can make even any cheap sub sound good with the right amp, tuning, box, and plenty of dynamat (I hate trunk rattle with a passion, wish I had a portable welder to fix all those I hear. :laugh:)

Top Bottom