Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yellow foglight mod question

thechief21040

Reaction score
I was wondering how everyone does the yellow foglight mod?
Is it yellow bulbs and if so who sells HID yellow fog lights?
Or is it the yellow tint you put over the foglight lens itself?
Some clarification would be much appreciated

justin13703

Reaction score
There are a bunch of ways to do it. You can get 3000k hid bulbs (whitebeauty sells hids here), you can put a yellow film over the lens, lamin-x sells these, you can get new foglights off ebay that the glass is already yellow, or I've heard they make a yellow spray tint for glass that you can use.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
All of the above work. I have done the Nokia 2500k halogen bulbs and right now i have 3k HIDS which are not as yellow as the above mentioned so I plan on doing yellow tint it laminax overlay.

justin13703

Reaction score
I had the yellow lamin x with 3k hids too for a while. They were definitely yellow lol. I eventually took the lamin x off though and just stuck with the 3k hids.

thechief21040

Reaction score
All sound good probably will go with the Nokia HIDS as I've heard that suggested before but def gonna check out the other options as well any of you guys do the on all the time fog light mod? Any down sides?

justin13703

Reaction score
All sound good probably will go with the Nokia HIDS as I've heard that suggested before but def gonna check out the other options as well any of you guys do the on all the time fog light mod? Any down sides?

Nokia doesn't make Hids they just make bulbs. If you want hids, either get them from LightSource here (whitebeauty) or ddmtuning.com.

And yes probably 95% of the people on here have done the fog light mod and as long as you do it right there aren't any downsides.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Both yellow tint film and 2500 Nokya bulbs.

markgt531

Reaction score
i have yellow tint and blue hid (came out greenish), i have yellows but the bulbs i have on there is stuck for now so lol

dramad1

Reaction score
I used yellow fogs made for a toyota solana fit great and was completely plug and play

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I have a special solution for you if u decide to go yellow tint... Lmk what u decide if your interested. As mentioned above also carry HIDs and everything in between. Text me..

devan08

Reaction score
There are a bunch of ways to do it. You can get 3000k hid bulbs (whitebeauty sells hids here), you can put a yellow film over the lens, lamin-x sells these, you can get new foglights off ebay that the glass is already yellow, or I've heard they make a yellow spray tint for glass that you can use.

Are there any particular brands for the actual fog lights or 3000k hid bulbs you recommend or know of?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Are there any particular brands for the actual fog lights or 3000k hid bulbs you recommend or know of?

If you want the best yellow color, go Nokya bulbs, if you want a yellow look but good light output, go HID, might want to look at a film or yellow lens

justin13703

Reaction score

I got my hids from ddmtuning.com and I believe whitebeauty still sells them on here as well. I'm not sure what brand his are though you'll have to ask him

Saltnpeppe11

Reaction score
I went with the Nokia 2500k bulbs which I got off amazon for around 12 dollars and vinyls from headlightarmor.com. I do a lot of vinyl installs at work and found headlight armors vinyl difficult to get to lay flat around the edges.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
^^^Nice!

That's exactly what I have in mine.

Old pic:

CalSub5.jpg

My HeadlightArmor vinyls went on great.
They are starting to wrinkle and dry out on the edges,
but they are supposed to last 4-7 years.
Since I live in Southern California, I figured they would last about 4 years.
Mine are now 7 years (Aug '07) old and should be replaced, but not too bad.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
I have some yellow fogs from ebay for sale if you're interested. They throw off enough yellow with the stock bulbs.

Top Bottom