Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Your worst blemishes??

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I cleaned my truck yesterday for the first time since I took my rims off (about 2 months ago)...I know DS would slap me right now if he could:laugh:. Anyways, after I got done waxing it, I noticed that my truck is starting to get some character...

So I thought I would show my blemishes in hopes that someone else out there might have the same problem I do, and might have an easy/cheap trick or tip to fix the blemish.

I'm not talking about the normal stuff like rocks chips on the front and the side rear fenders chipping...I'm talking about odd stuff that hits, dents, scrathes our trucks either on the highway, parking lots, etc...

Here are my worst blemishes:

FLARE - Idiots paving road and not letting it cool down, so I drive and the concrete melted on my flare (no idea how to get it off):hmmmm2:

IMG_0149.jpg

FLARE - Don't know...I guess someone hit it with a door and took a chunk of paint off

IMG_0151.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
My rear bumper has a small scratch from someone hitting me in the church parking lot... it broke my license plate bulb holder thing and blew out the bulb. All of that has been fixed and I'm pretty sure with a little work on the scratch i can get it out. Thats pretty much it other than the normal rock chips and crap.

Oh yeah, i also have a real small dent on the tailgate that you can't see unless i point it out. This happened couple weeks after getting the truck... i was at a fishing pond turning around in the dark with 5% tint windows and backed in to a huge cable spool (it was being used as a table). I was pissed but all the scratches buffed out and only left a very small dent.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a few...

1. 3/4"x1/8" scratch on my passenger side quarter panel (near the tail light) down to the metal. This happened somehow when I was installing my URD Catback. I didn't hit the truck and never saw anyone else near it - but I didn't notice it the day before when I washed it.

2. I have a very faint black streak down my drivers fender when I hit the push mower while turning, backing up. Ironically enough I was trying to get the truck out of the way so that I didn't blow grass all over it. :motz:

3. I have a small 1/8"x1/2" white mark on my passenger door were my niece hit it with her wakeboard.

4. I have two BAD scratch marks on my side skirts from the splash guards (no longer installed) dragging over speed bumps. Those are down to the plastic as well.

5. Of course my flares are badly chipped.

6. My bumper has multiple rock strikes that are through the paint - down to the plastic.

And yes... I'm pretty much waiting for the whole thing to get dinged up and then she's getting repainted. I already have a paint scheme designed. :biggrin: It'll be a surprise b/c no one has seen this yet. :top:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Figured I'd post just for the hell of it. How many times do i get to be the first to post after the masters ^^^^^^^^

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
ive got a nice one on my front bumper from where someone gladly left some scuffs all the way down to the bumper itself, very appealing. and i have one on the rear bumper from where it looks like a shopping cart may have hit it in a parking lot. and my drivers side mirror which will remain a secret.

not to mention all the rock chips on the hood, doors, and F'n fender flares.

X'ED

Reaction score
yup front bumper, fender flairs and just few hail damage dings

Tapp

Reaction score
i have this one blemish on my tailgate!!

pumo420

Reaction score
i wish i could say the same but my taco has some damages, mainly from parking lot hit and runs. but it just gives my truck character.

damages012.jpg

damages013.jpg

damages009.jpg

damages014.jpg

2006nightrider

Reaction score
^^ dam man, that sucks!!!...you gonna have insurance take care of it?

pumo420

Reaction score
i do but that problem is my rate just went down a decent amount and i really dont wanna claim it and have it raised again. i went to an auto body shop and got a quote of 2,500 i've been trying to find the parts i need online cause i figured it would be cheaper, the one im really looking for is the back right side piece were that dent is at. i just really dont like hit and run drivers :thumpdown:.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
my worst blemish?? my ONLY blemish...happened to me when i went to the club with my girl...when it was over we was walking back to my truck and these two guys in a civic tell me "hey bro some chick stopped right next to your truck and started key the shat outta your bumper" naturally i was like "no fawking way" sure enough i go up to my truck and my bumper is all keyed up...kinda looks like some tribal tattoo design :laugh: (trust me i can laugh about this now...but when this happened i was fawking pissed i was trippin and ready to knock someone the fawk out)...so anyways they tell me..."we tried our best...dont know how much it will help you but we caught her on our phone in the progress"...sure enough they did!! i looked at the phones pics...i see the dumb broad going to town on my bumper...i dunno who this chick is...they took a pic of the rear but i couldnt make out the plate numbers...so i was like...fawk it...till this day i still have it on my bumper...the only blemish on my truck :frown:

Top Bottom