Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Zapco Speakers!!!....

808xR

Reaction score
I was just wondering has anybody used zapco speakers before? I was just wondering because it seems like really good speaker just looking at the price for a piar of them. If anybody has can you please post what kind your are using. Thanks

shook

Reaction score
I was just wondering has anybody used zapco speakers before? I was just wondering because it seems like really good speaker just looking at the price for a piar of them. If anybody has can you please post what kind your are using. Thanks

Im running two pairs of Zapco Competition components and I love em, best speakers Ive owned to date. Im running 4 of their 5 1\4 models and a pair of their 1.25'' tweeters actively through Zapco DC360.4 amps, pricey but you get what you pay for, check them out at www.Zapco.com under speakers, model CK-13.2

Last edited:

bcutshall

Reaction score
just like what Shook said, the competitions from zapco are great speakers. the shop where i purchased my zapco amps had them on the wall and i sat and listened to them for a few hours. loved them. little pricey for me at the time but i wouldn't hesitate to buy them if the money came around. stay away from the reference and the iforce. Competition from zapco is the only way to go if you want that specific brand.

808xR

Reaction score
just like what Shook said, the competitions from zapco are great speakers. the shop where i purchased my zapco amps had them on the wall and i sat and listened to them for a few hours. loved them. little pricey for me at the time but i wouldn't hesitate to buy them if the money came around. stay away from the reference and the iforce. Competition from zapco is the only way to go if you want that specific brand.

thanks fore the info...

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
holy s.hit shook how much did you spend on the 4 mids + tweeters + crossovers?

it looks pretty fkn expensive

can you even hear bass from your 8's?

shook

Reaction score
holy s.hit shook how much did you spend on the 4 mids + tweeters + crossovers?

it looks pretty fkn expensive

can you even hear bass from your 8's?

Yea.... it was kinda pricey but damn they sounded good :laugh: I think the speaker kit which comes with 2 5 1\4''mids\midbass, 2 1.25'' tweeters and 2crossovers was going for $1100 ?... I forget but they sounded so good ! Im not using the crossovers either, all actively wired up is better

The 4 5 1\4s pump out some unreal mids and midbass by themselves, I tuned it so alot of the thump would come from upfront and the 8s are there to fill in the lower end, you can tell a difference with and without the 8s playing :top: they blend in real nicely with the front, cant even tell theres subs in the back

Last edited:

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
so for just one set you paid $1300?

jesus..

some people can buy complete systems for that amount (deck, subs, door speakers, amps)

did you buy them locally?
if so where?

i have to hear what $1300+ mids and highs sound like

what kind of RMS do those take?

Last edited:

shook

Reaction score
so for just one set you paid $1300?

jesus..

Sorry, just edited my message, $1100 for the kit, even though I didnt use the crossovers it was cheaper to buy it as a kit than to buy the parts individually

shook

Reaction score
Oh, I didnt say I paid that much lol, I got hooked up, dont think I can say what I got it for :top:

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
so whats the pros of not using the crossovers?
i mean..they come with them for a reason right?

shook

Reaction score
so whats the pros of not using the crossovers?
i mean..they come with them for a reason right?

They come with them for easy tuning and hook up i guess... mainly for tuning. The advantage of hooking up the mids\midbass and tweeters seperately without the crossovers is you get more power when wiring them up to dedicated channels and youre able to have control of the tuning, you can blend them in,cut them off and even time allign them individually if your amps allow. For me it was alot better this way, the Zapco amps im using have a badass tuning software where i can tune each channel seperately, I can adjust gain,time allignment,fully customizable 10band eq,crossover,crossover type,attenuate.output level and Q for each channel all in real time :top:

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
so how is this all hooked up?

1 channel for each speaker?

tweeters hooked straight into the amp too?

that would be 6 channels right?

what do you think of the rockford 360..you can tune each speaker individually too

shook

Reaction score
so how is this all hooked up?

1 channel for each speaker?

tweeters hooked straight into the amp too?

that would be 6 channels right?

what do you think of the rockford 360..you can tune each speaker individually too

Yea, tweeters on channel 1&2, 4 5 1\4''s paralled to 3&4, my other amp is running the two 8s. I seen that Rockford 360 stuff at the carshow, its the shiet ! thats pretty much the same thing I use except that one is wireless through PDA where mine needs a laptop.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
yeah i was thinking about picking up the 360 a friend of mine said he can get it brand new for $175

idk about that cuz i cant even get it that cheap thru the rockford distributor

shook

Reaction score
yeah i was thinking about picking up the 360 a friend of mine said he can get it brand new for $175

idk about that cuz i cant even get it that cheap thru the rockford distributor

Thats a deal, just gotta make sure you know how to use it and gonna have to go full active to get the full advantage of it :top:

Top Bottom