12" sub box advice

lamia2super

I have a RE Audio SEX 12" sub laying around and im thinking about putting it in the X. I'm looking for different enclosure ideas/designs. for that sub a 1000watt amp should be plenty for it right?

hottacoX

Staff member
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54048

Here is a box a buddy and I did for 2 10's
PB031335.jpg

PB031336.jpg

It was great since I could pull it in and out when needed but the wife borrowed the truck cranked it and popped one of the subs.... so I scrapped the box and am currently looking to other options...

Last edited:

FLgator

How do you get the factory (?) JL sub enclosure out? I have removed two bolts from the back, and I can wiggle it from side to side, but it feels like there is still something else holding it down from the back, are there more bolts that I can't see? Do I have to take the rear seats out?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
How do you get the factory (?) JL sub enclosure out? I have removed two bolts from the back, and I can wiggle it from side to side, but it feels like there is still something else holding it down from the back, are there more bolts that I can't see? Do I have to take the rear seats out?

Just so there's no confusion in this thread going forward @FLgator 's truck did not have a factory subwoofer box in it, it was a custom rear center armrest style box, hence why none of the suggestions to remove the enclosure were working.