Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

12" sub box advice

lamia2super

Reaction score
I have a RE Audio SEX 12" sub laying around and im thinking about putting it in the X. I'm looking for different enclosure ideas/designs. for that sub a 1000watt amp should be plenty for it right?

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Not sure why they aren't there anymore. .I just uploaded to my profile in my album. Check it out there man

lamia2super

Reaction score
how about maybe removing the whole back seat ? and create a new seat using the box

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=54048

Here is a box a buddy and I did for 2 10's
PB031335.jpg

PB031336.jpg

It was great since I could pull it in and out when needed but the wife borrowed the truck cranked it and popped one of the subs.... so I scrapped the box and am currently looking to other options...

Last edited:

FLgator

Reaction score
How do you get the factory (?) JL sub enclosure out? I have removed two bolts from the back, and I can wiggle it from side to side, but it feels like there is still something else holding it down from the back, are there more bolts that I can't see? Do I have to take the rear seats out?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you get the factory (?) JL sub enclosure out? I have removed two bolts from the back, and I can wiggle it from side to side, but it feels like there is still something else holding it down from the back, are there more bolts that I can't see? Do I have to take the rear seats out?

Just so there's no confusion in this thread going forward @FLgator 's truck did not have a factory subwoofer box in it, it was a custom rear center armrest style box, hence why none of the suggestions to remove the enclosure were working.

Top Bottom