Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

200k+ mile xr club

gearhead899

Reaction score
I picked up another X-Runner this past year. Its a 2006 that I got from the original owner. Had 227k on it when I got it and was bone stock. Has a little wear and tear but looks decent overall. Slowly cleaning up the imperfections and making it a little nicer but it runs and drives flawlessly and is my daily driver at the moment and have done some cosmetic mods, c2c drop, intake, and B&M short shifter. Originally bought to flip it but right when I bought it, my daily driver died. The universe jj

Attachments

• IMG_20211224_145810_405.jpg
    IMG_20211224_145810_405.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 143

Superloki24

Reaction score
Well I just hit the 200,000km mark yesterday. In my head I still think that I just bought it last year and still remember seeing 3km on the odometer when I picked it up. It continues to run like a charm and I am confident that it will last another 200,000km.

Attachments

• 200K X-Runner.jpg
    200K X-Runner.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Well I just hit the 200,000km mark yesterday. In my head I still think that I just bought it last year and still remember seeing 3km on the odometer when I picked it up. It continues to run like a charm and I am confident that it will last another 200,000km.
I have a lot of driving to do to get that much. 52450 km on mine and under the cover for the winter
Snow truck.JPG

outofstep

Reaction score
no doubt that toyotas last a long time and that 200k miles is no big deal, but as far as the xr's go, i dont think we drive them as much as we do our other vehicles. some even become garage queens lol...

just curious as to how many here have over 200k or more miles on theirs. thought this would be fun and also see what/when there were any issues. post up even if you dont have yours anymore.

year/color
how long you have owned it
how many starting miles
current miles
any mods
any issues
how long do you plan on keeping it
if you got rid of it, why?
why you love the xr
add any other final comments

post up pics too...

as for me:

2005 swb

not sure exactly when i bought it, but we traded in a 2005 bmw z4 for it, so im guessing around 2007-08.

i think it had around 32k when i got it for my wifes dd

has over 220k and is my dd after i bought my wife a new 2014 grabber blue mustang lol

no mods other than a stereo

only issues - alternator just over 200k and drive shaft bearing at about 210k.
oh and oem lug nuts just yesterday (see my other new thread lol)

plan on keeping it till it dies lol

love the styling because of my roots in the mini-truck craze back in the late 80's early 90's. love the toyota reliability. really fun to drive...

final thoughts: ive got too many project cars, but if anything happens to this one, i wouldnt hesistate to buy another. if i was rich id have it as a street machine with a tt 2jzgte 6spd out of a supra haha...
Daily drive mine since the day I bought it off the lot. Also use it as a truck. Constantly hauling/towing. Unlike most folks on this site, it's raised as well.

210k miles and going strong.

blu xr

Reaction score
glad someone bumped my old thread...forgot there was one, maybe two xr's back then that had more miles than me. here's where my milage is at about a week ago...

20220328_194349.jpg

gearhead899

Reaction score
I plan on it! I know most do oil changes every 3 to 5k. Already talked to one of my shops to see how much it would be to change out trans oil and diff.
Good idea. They are pretty easy jobs if you are thinking of DIY. Id recommend swapping the trans fluid for Redline MT90

joeypeeps22

Reaction score
Good idea. They are pretty easy jobs if you are thinking of DIY. Id recommend swapping the trans fluid for Redline MT90
I saw on another thread that they used the redline trans oil and the differential oil too. So most Def going to use that. But so far the truck is solid I've had tacomas before but never an xrunner. The only thing is I'm still trying to get my shifting a bit smoother lol. But besides that she's a dream. U got any tips on smoother shifting?

Top Bottom