Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aem ems stand alone

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
How would you go about tuning these or i noticed they dont sell cam gears with their unit? Opinions and reviews needed??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No one sells cam gears except URD.

There are instructions which come with it, as well as tech support. Just make sure it is wried in properly. :top:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
So why is urd the only company to sell the cam gears,just wondering

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
So why is urd the only company to sell the cam gears,just wondering

If u go to APR website if it's still there it explains why the cam gears were developed... Something about gases and exhaust n stuff... If your really set on spending cash on The 1gr standalone all the way. Tuning would need to be done by an AEM certified tuner...

Last edited:

Blue10XR

Reaction score
In my research the AEM has an issue with drive by wire which causes the throttle to go dead. I am not sure how valid it is but I thought I would mention this. I am leaning towards Haltech for this reason.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Ya i have read up alot on it too about that,whats haltech

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
I spoke w aem at sema. They told me the aem ems is intended for "off road" use only. Saying all normal comfort features may not work on your vehicle after installing it

Gadget

Reaction score
The market is flooded with standalone EMS products. There are more out there than decent piggy back units.

You should decide exactly what it is you are looking for and then figure out if you really need a standalone to get you there.

If you decide to go standalone, do not decide on what brand to go with, get it then run all over the place trying to find someone that can handle the installation and tuning for you. Bad way to go.

Find the best tuner in your area, hopefully one with experience with the 1GR then go talk to him. Have a meeting of the mind as far as expectations and so on, write a contract, then let that guy supply install and tune everything. That way there is no finger pointing to be done. If that tuner likes a certain brand of EMS then go with that and purchase it through him.

Then saddle up and expect it to be a long drawn out project.

G

Blue10XR

Reaction score
The market is flooded with standalone EMS products. There are more out there than decent piggy back units.

You should decide exactly what it is you are looking for and then figure out if you really need a standalone to get you there.

If you decide to go standalone, do not decide on what brand to go with, get it then run all over the place trying to find someone that can handle the installation and tuning for you. Bad way to go.

Find the best tuner in your area, hopefully one with experience with the 1GR then go talk to him. Have a meeting of the mind as far as expectations and so on, write a contract, then let that guy supply install and tune everything. That way there is no finger pointing to be done. If that tuner likes a certain brand of EMS then go with that and purchase it through him.

Then saddle up and expect it to be a long drawn out project.

G

Gadget,

With that being said, where are you with a jumper harness for the 09+? Is this realistic? If not can you sell me the connectors at least? I will build the harness if need be...

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I think everything will as along as you keep your ecu in,btw i died laughing at this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 174

Gadget

Reaction score
Yea, that was a hit and run attack. Never heard from that person. The person signed up and posted that crap on several forums in several minutes and was never heard from again.

I can think of three people that would do such a thing.

G

EpicWeld

Reaction score
I got an AEM ems I had in my xrunner. Ran it for over 2 yrs at 12 psi and had no issues. it's already tunned for xrunner. But it might have to be retunned cause of the differences in our turbo kits... This is the best deal I've offered anyone.. 600 bucks shipped to your door. Let me know. I'm about to make a new post trying to sell it.

Top Bottom