Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another Rotrex bites the dust…

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Ok I’m sure this will get deleted and I will most likely get banned from here but at this point in time I could care less! I’m so pissed that the vendor doesn’t do something about this! They even made comments to the fact they know of the issue. All I can figure is the vendor must be getting a smoking deal on these POS‼️ So Underground you do what you need to do but I will not let this die until the vendor does something to fix the issue. Sorry G you cost me a small fortune and I work for my income…

“What happened to the charger??

No clue, it had 13 thousand miles on it and started whining like a bad hydraulic pump and seized 500 miles later. I took it off and paid the shipping to send it to Denmark for rotrax to look at it and they warrantied it and sent me a brand new one. It may have been a fluke but I didn't like the idea of having to pull the charger every year and wait 3 months for warranty claim. So I sold the kit.

Edit - the main reason I have a bad taste in my mouth is I was 1300 miles from home in bfe Montana where it was hard to find a stock length belt to bypass the charger. I had an extra extended length just never thought two keep two different length belts with me.”

I know this might be a sore subject with some, but when will the vendor of this kit change the blower to something that lasts? Sorry guys but this really burns me up when they know what happens to each and everyone of these! It’s not if but when! I sold the kit I had for this very reason when I should have shipped it back and filled a dispute with PayPal and my CC company. All I would have needed to do was show the track record. The vendor warns in the instructions to carry an extra belt but they don’t Specify which belt to carry with you‼️ My deepest apologies and I’m ready so fire away!

justin13703

Reaction score
How many units did you have fail? I’m guessing you were using the Rotrex traction fluid?

What did the vendor say when you reference “they even made comments to the fact they know of the issue”?

Have you called and talked to them yet to see if there is anything they can do to help? I haven’t had my X in forever but when I did I met up with them a few times and they were always extremely nice and very eager to help.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
“How many units did you have fail?” I learned my lesson and sold the POS at a huge loss when the vendor didn’t have any to sell. Now running a Magnuson.
“Rotrex traction fluid?“ Oh definitely yes, @ over a $100 per quart. ( flushed & charged every 5k )
Read here… https://www.xr-underground.com/threads/wanted-the….58929/
Out of warranty. They won’t do ANYTHING! They will sell you another blower that will fail too…
Yes, very polite to your face as they want in your wallet…
Go to YouTube and type in “Rotrex“ and see what you find…
It is a unique design but piss poor at the same time! The shaft between the turbine & the belt ALWAYS snaps / breaks.
It’s not if but when will it snap / break⁉️

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you had this issue, but are you saying that URD should stop using Rotrex blowers in their kits because there have been instances of manufacturer defects? If that was the case there would be no supercharger kits out there. There will always be manufacturer defects. I know of quite a few members and friends of mine that have the same kit and have had not problems with the blower. I've been on/running this forum for the better part of 14 years and I can count on one hand the times I've heard of a warranty claim on a Rotrex blower. I would think that if G was getting that many warranty claims on the blowers that he would change manufacturers. It would become a problem that would inhibit sales. It sucks that it happened to you but your situation is not the norm.

justin13703

Reaction score
I get that you’re frustrated. But saying that every one out there is going to prematurely fail because you had an issue just isn’t true.

Yes the traction fluid is expensive. That’s part of the game. Boosting your truck in general is expensive.

Product shortages are a thing and have been for a long time now. No one makes money by not having anything in stock. I can promise you the lack of stock on their end is out of their hands. Rotrex superchargers are made overseas.

Just for fun I went to YouTube and searched Rotrex as you suggested. Didn’t see a single video about a failure. Now if you search specifically for failures, related to anything, you will find what you’re looking for. This doesn’t mean there is an inherent problem.

I had an old school MK1 on my truck when I had it. Had the original c30 rotrex until I upgraded to the c38. They are good units and the truck ran great until I sold it.

I get that you’re pissed. And it doesn’t help to tell you this but your situation isn’t typical. I’ve been there before and it sucks. But sometimes your own luck is against you. Gadget and the crew are good people. And I say this not as someone who has just bought stuff from them, but I’ve personally met with them on multiple occasions. And taking you for your money isn’t what they’re about. I’m confident they will try to help you as best as they can but there is only so much they can do.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you had this issue, but are you saying that URD should stop using Rotrex blowers in their kits because there have been instances of manufacturer defects? If that was the case there would be no supercharger kits out there. There will always be manufacturer defects. I know of quite a few members and friends of mine that have the same kit and have had not problems with the blower. I've been on/running this forum for the better part of 14 years and I can count on one hand the ytimes I've heard of a warranty claim on a Rotrex blower. I would think that if G was getting that many warranty claims on the blowers that he would change manufacturers. It would become a problem that would inhibit sales. It sucks that it happened to you but your situation is not the norm.

First I don’t know why my YouTube links don’t show up?

Ok show me ONE OWNER who’s gotten over 60k miles out of a Rotrex! Just one! You know why is because you can’t‼…

Watch the first video because they ALL TAKE A $H!T the same way‼️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgf_nLQFniw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZwYSxvaPRM&t=94s

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
I get that you’re frustrated. But saying that every one out there is going to prematurely fail because you had an issue just isn’t true.

Yes the traction fluid is expensive. That’s part of the game. Boosting your truck in general is expensive.

Product shortages are a thing and have been for a long time now. No one makes money by not having anything in stock. I can promise you the lack of stock on their end is out of their hands. Rotrex superchargers are made overseas.

Just for fun I went to YouTube and searched Rotrex as you suggested. Didn’t see a single video about a failure. Now if you search specifically for failures, related to anything, you will find what you’re looking for. This doesn’t mean there is an inherent problem.

I had an old school MK1 on my truck when I had it. Had the original c30 rotrex until I upgraded to the c38. They are good units and the truck ran great until I sold it.

I get that you’re pissed. And it doesn’t help to tell you this but your situation isn’t typical. I’ve been there before and it sucks. But sometimes your own luck is against you. Gadget and the crew are good people. And I say this not as someone who has just bought stuff from them, but I’ve personally met with them on multiple occasions. And taking you for your money isn’t what they’re about. I’m confident they will try to help you as best as they can but there is only so much they can do.
Boy O Boy, I think you need to pull your head out of the sand…

Show me a Magnuson supercharger that’s taken a shit? I can find ALL KINDS OF ISSUES WITH THE ROTREX!

Dont know why the link didn’t show the first time but read this!

https://www.xr-underground.com/threads/wanted-the….58929/

justin13703

Reaction score
Lol alright man. My head is in the sand? You want an example of a Rotrex with over 60k miles? It doesn’t exist? MY truck that I owned had a c30 on it for 75k miles until I upgraded to the c38. So there is one example for you. But apparently my head is in the sand. Did you forget I owned one? TONS of guys on here have MK1/2 setups with piles of miles on them.

None of those videos you linked show up when you search for rotrex. You searched for rotrex failures to find them. Put in “magnuson supercharger failures” once and see what you find. Tensioner failures, leaks, rotors hitting each other, etc. If you are looking for failures on anything, you will find it. Does not mean there is a problem. Magnusons are good units as well.

I’ve been respectful to you with my responses this whole time so don’t come at me.

And your link still doesn’t work.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Copy and paste the link below & you can read where G admits they have issues.
And you can also go to TW and read about all the Rotrex’s owners having a issue with the shaft snapping!

https://www.xr-underground.com/threads/wanted-the….58929/

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Another poor Rotrex owner has to scrap the system because they can’t afford to keep buying Rotrex blowers every so many miles! Below are his comments from TW. G it’s really sad you know about this issue and do NOTHING!
I myself hope your poor customers get together and hit you with a class action… I would join in a heartbeat.
The funny thing is my wife is a public speaking coach and she coaches trial attorneys. When they come to our casa I ask her if I can speak to her clients after she is done working with them to ask them for a referral or advice. She’s only let me speak with one so far but I’m looking for advice or an attorney that might help. Anyway read below…

“Rotrex units seem to be really hit or miss. Some guys run them for years without any issue, some not. Finicky might be a good word to describe them. However, in my mind there are flaws in the URD kit design (at least for our application) which is not set up to follow Rotrex’s “don’t do” list. Is it the sole cause of the issues? Maybe not, but it certainly makes failure more imminent.

I didn’t know URD used Procharger…”

Last edited:
Top Bottom