Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anyone have issues with their paint?

blu xr

Reaction score
so while at the car wash this weekend i noticed the paint bubbling in a 2" area on the roof.

kinda surprised me because up till now, ive had no issues. anyone have/had problems?

Superloki24

Reaction score
I have issues with my BRM peeling off in certain areas. Mostly on the inside of the door jambs and on the fender walls where the hood sits. I emailed Toyota multiple times, but only got the answer that it was out of warranty so they couldn't help me with it.

I haven't heard of any issues with SWB though.

blu xr

Reaction score
I have issues with my BRM peeling off in certain areas. Mostly on the inside of the door jambs and on the fender walls where the hood sits. I emailed Toyota multiple times, but only got the answer that it was out of warranty so they couldn't help me with it.

I haven't heard of any issues with SWB though.
thanks for the info. no way they would warranty it. was just curious if this may be a common issue or maybe on certain colors?

so more details on my x:

blue (swb)
255k miles

chatt x

Reaction score

@BSP06XRU had an issue with roof paint.

madtrucker

Reaction score
My roof paint is starting to lose some of the clear. It's an `08 and I live in Arizona. That's not bad really. I wouldn't mind having the roof & the hood repainted some day..

Click

Reaction score
From seeing posts on here and Facebook X runner page, it's a common problem. Especially those left outside. Top of cab and hood peel and fade. Lots of guys sanding down the top of cab and repainting or doing some kind of coating.

gearhead899

Reaction score
Paint issues are very common with these trucks. The radiant red trucks turn pink on the bumpers,plastics, trim etc. Almost all the colors have issue with clear coat fading, pealing and so forth. Toyotas are not really known for their great paint jobs

Top Bottom