Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone have these? New tires needed.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has these tires and if so, how do you like them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...YR8S04PP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I'm looking for a set that has great ride quality, lower road noise, has great tread life, and can handle the occasional once or twice a year autocross event. The guy I chatted with on TireRack.com recommended these to me, but I wanted to talk to all you guys about it. He also said I can't go with a lower profile tire, like going from 255/45/18 to 255/35/18... Is this true? I swear I've seen many of you guys with smaller sidewalls.

Any help or other tire suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :top:

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
They don't last long, if that's what you're looking for. Had em on my Mazda, and it went 17,000 miles and that was it. Any tread life below 5/32 has no grip.

fuseaku

Reaction score

SgtBadA

Reaction score
It all depends on what you are doing. I have those tires as my winter set of tires and nitto 555for autocross. If your looking for more bang for your buck your best bet is the nobles

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I think for that price, you could get some better tires. My advice, go to onlinetires.com and find the set you want. They're usually cheaper than tirerack or anyone else, then print out the page of the tire you want, and price match at discounttire or tire shop around you.

fuseaku

Reaction score
I am also looking at these...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...=Tacoma+X-Runner&autoModClar=#ConsumerReviews

I do autocross like once or twice a year, so I want something that's not going to completely suck on the track. However, the main concern is ride quality, lower road noise, nice tread life, a nice tread pattern and overall good looking tire. Any other suggestions? Thanks MORT-RUNNER for suggesting that site!

madtrucker

Reaction score
A lot of people on here like the Nitto 555s. The guy at discount tire kept telling me that he thought the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 were great tires. There are a lot of tires to choose from.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I run kumho tires and love them. Great grip especially once they are warmed up and awesome tread wear.

blu xr

Reaction score
had the potenza on one of my supra's and they don't last too long, on the other hand it was easy to go side-ways on them lol

the nittos are pretty good...had them on the back of my ws6 (drag radials)

autobodyX

Reaction score
I am also looking at these...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...=Tacoma+X-Runner&autoModClar=#ConsumerReviews

I do autocross like once or twice a year, so I want something that's not going to completely suck on the track. However, the main concern is ride quality, lower road noise, nice tread life, a nice tread pattern and overall good looking tire. Any other suggestions? Thanks MORT-RUNNER for suggesting that site!

Way better tire than the Nobles. Good choice for the money and your application.. IMO

05X-Runner

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has these tires and if so, how do you like them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...YR8S04PP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I'm looking for a set that has great ride quality, lower road noise, has great tread life, and can handle the occasional once or twice a year autocross event. The guy I chatted with on TireRack.com recommended these to me, but I wanted to talk to all you guys about it. He also said I can't go with a lower profile tire, like going from 255/45/18 to 255/35/18... Is this true? I swear I've seen many of you guys with smaller sidewalls.

Any help or other tire suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :top:

I run the S-04 and love them. Very close to the BFG KDW II's they replaced.

Top Bottom