Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone running Power Acoutik Inteq?

cwatt

Reaction score
I don't imagine the Power Acoustik products to be the highest in quality, but I love the look of everything.

I'm most interested in the PD-718 series.

Anyone have experience with it? Better yet, anyone have photos installed?

2.jpg

http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2012/source-units-PD-718NB.html

- Colin

dramad1

Reaction score
First time seeing one of these, what's the price on that unit. The features look pretty cool and the way it displays looks like a mini labtop sorta.
I wasn't able to see what it looks like from the back as far as RCA hook ups etc. it looks like a single din chassis with a double din face. The face being detachable is a plus. My only questions are price and aftermarket speaker/amp hook up.
If you like it get it. But if you plan on putting a system in I would research it some more as far as what you can hook up to it, din kits, and alot of its features require you buy the sold seperate modulator thinga ma jigg- iPod, nav, tv tuner etc.
Pioneer and kenwood offer good easy to use dd HU's. I my self have the avh-8400 and love it. Detach face and plenty of Hook ups in the back

cwatt

Reaction score
Price is $199 on e-bay. NST version has built-in analog t.v. tuner (digital box sold separate).

Hook-ups... not sure.

Single din w/ flip screen - yes.

I'm just wondering how far it sticks out from the dash in the vehicle. I'd like it to be as flush/integrated as possible. I don't want to purchase only to find out it sticks out like a sore thumb.

justin13703

Reaction score
Honestly man I'd just save up another 50 or so bucks and get a pioneer double din. That power acoustik is gonna be bad quality, laggy, unresponsive, and I'm sure will have next to no connections in the back. Plus the design looks like it won't fit in a dash kit very well...

A bunch of people on here have pioneer double din's, including me and dramad1, and I honestly have nothing but good stuff to say about them, and I'm pretty sure he has the same opinion.

dramad1

Reaction score
justin13703 said:
Honestly man I'd just save up another 50 or so bucks and get a pioneer double din. That power acoustik is gonna be bad quality, laggy, unresponsive, and I'm sure will have next to no connections in the back. Plus the design looks like it won't fit in a dash kit very well...

A bunch of people on here have pioneer double din's, including me and dramad1, and I honestly have nothing but good stuff to say about them, and I'm pretty sure he has the same opinion.

Yep yep ^^^. I'd do like Justin says and save a Lil more for a pioneer or kenwood. Alot a people here have them and love them. Also if you need help / info etc installing or setting up a system for your ride, you will have the xru community to help you out. They helped me get my whole system picked out and installed. Any time I had an issue or was unsure what to do, xru came through, specifically Justin,Revo breaker,rexrunner,outburst and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. My system bah-bumps babumpbumps. Just gotta deaden my roof. I'm lagging. Lol.

butters607

Reaction score
Well can't tell you about their decks but they make great subs I have two p310w's and have had them a couple years now with no issues

Reaper13

Reaction score
Everything Justin and dramad1 have said it spot on.
This PA deck seems like a cool idea, but like many of there AV stuff, I'll bet on subpar quality.

Top Bottom