Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Audio/dvd options?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Alright I've been thinking of upgrading my cd player at least from stock and want some ideas on a quality double din with built in nav and dvd/ipod(front and back) imputs that also keeps up with steering controls....I wouldnt mind an avic d3 but those are outdated and I dont think even made anymore.....(ps a remote would be awesome too) best stats for under 800 bucks if possible...:adore:

Tunedx

Reaction score
Kenwood DNX6160. Garmin nav but u will have to purchase module to retain steering wheel controls. $850.00 hu. Not sure how much steering contrrol modules go for

Venomous_X

Reaction score
little cheaper and ready to go is what im shopping for if I can find it...links help too :top:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
I found me a used kenwood 5120 off ebay for $400 its awsome went to tulsa this weekend and it got me everywhere I needed! I bought the bluetooth for it so play music off my phone on it and hands free talk! There steering controls are like $45 for it haven't got those yet though! The dvd is pretty clear! And I have a usb card full of music hooked up to it in glove box too! When I got it I was lucky the people that had it took it out of their sons tacoma so they gave me the dash kit and wire harness free!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
nice score :top: Well to be honest, I think I am just going to get a d3 and call it a day, I dont need to spend too much on a headunit and the d3 seems to be proven....That leaves funds for the djm and well thats a little more important atm. :wink:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
The down side to the d3 is don't u need disks for the navigation? The Kenwood has them all loaded already!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The down side to the d3 is don't u need disks for the navigation? The Kenwood has them all loaded already!

True, but once a route is loaded you can remove them until needed for a different route. Use an ipod and just leave the disk in, easy fix. :biggrin:

Speeddesignz

Reaction score
I have an Alpine ina-w900

it's an awesome peice. Loads fast, easy to use. built in navi.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
how is the nav on it? Does it have the option for "quickest route?" The Blackbird II only have shortest and use highway :hmmmm2:

Top Bottom