Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Autometer gauges handy info

SgtBadA

Reaction score
ok so last night I was up all night installing these autometer ultra lite 2 oil temp and oil pressure gauges. I bought the sandwich plate from prosport so I could mount the senders in it. First I want to point out that the oil pressure sender has the tendency to go bad even right out of the box. luckily mine wasn't so I didn't have to worry about that. second if you mount the oil temp sender inline with an aftermarket oil cooler right after it leaves the block to go to the cooler you are wrong. with the sender mounted inline it will never get above 150 degrees F. third it says to not use pipe thread tape or sealer because it will not ground the sender this holds very true. in my case I had to run a ground from the sender to the fender so it would work the way its supposed to. if you don't your gauge may never pick up the signal from it. fourth thing is don't gorilla glue your gauges into the pod....(flexpod) it will never come out :argh:. the last thing I have to say and I'm sorry for the rant but I googled for hours on why my gauges didn't work and found nothing on the issue. but anyways I think I got a bad oil pressure gauge from autometer because the needle sticks. if I flick the gauge the needle will move to where its suppose to go so I have to give them a call on that.. overall I'm very happy with the gauges. they look amazing and are dead on accurate. I know my oil temp gauge is durable since I hit it with a hammer like 20 times trying to free it from the pod that I glued it into and it still works flawlessly. worth the money once you figure out the wiring. if you guys have questions about these gauges let me know ill see if I can help you out.

butters607

Reaction score
That's why you use a greddy thermostatic sandwich plate look at my threads on "oil cooler"

SgtBadA

Reaction score
does the greddy have a little rubber gasket at the bottom to keep the oil from leaking out? that's where my grounding issue came from. the sandwich plate wasn't grounded out so I had to run an extra wire to a ground to get the sender to work

butters607

Reaction score
Yes it has a gasket you just have to cut the neck off of the oil filter station

SgtBadA

Reaction score
ahh.. gotcha I bought a hayden oil sandwich adapter.. it has a T stat in it. I was on a budget when I put all the parts together to build it.

Top Bottom