Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B&M Short Shifter, TRD Spoiler, URD Short Shifter...

autobodyX

Reaction score
Isn't the B&M "better" because it replaces the stock shifter with a shorter stick so it's a bit shorter throw at the sacrifice of more vibrations/noise.

I had the urd before and will order a new one in the next week or.

And this dude wanted 425 shipped for the B&M on facebook. Fyi URD are on sale for $110 right now.

Good thing this is not my for sale thread, I'd call you out on this comment.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Not very polite to take a crap on someone's for sale ad! Just saying :rolleyez:

SooRunner

Reaction score
Isn't the B&M "better" because it replaces the stock shifter with a shorter stick so it's a bit shorter throw at the sacrifice of more vibrations/noise.

And this dude wanted 425 shipped for the B&M on facebook. Fyi URD are on sale for $110 right now.

I've had both shifter also, I think B&M is more better of a shifter because it replaces the whole unit and the throw is very crisp. URD works also but its whatever your wallet can afford. Do the job once not twice like me :hmmmm2:.

Price drop on B&M is $350 plus shipping and paypal OBO.

URD on stock shifter -$90 shipped

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

URD's is just a spacer under the stock shifter,and on more on the ball. Nothing more, and simplest style of making shifts a shorter throw. However, it retains the factory shifter, so adding a spacer to the stock height shifter makes it taller.

The B&M replaces the whole shifter. Has springs inside the rectangular portion which bolts to the transmission. It is a whole new shifter, which is very crisp and doesn't make the shifter super tall.

You get what you pay for. In this case, a lot more. Better than the TRD shifter, which is mid 300, a short shifter arm, and a very rare item which is no longer made.

Better for you to ask questions about why something "seems" so expensive, compared to something else. Before throwing comments out which clearly indicate insult, as well as a last of knowledge on the subject.

I say price bump back to $400, due to the rarity, and such a high-quality product. ;)

Coupe

Reaction score
URD's is just a spacer under the stock shifter,and on more on the ball. Nothing more, and simplest style of making shifts a shorter throw. However, it retains the factory shifter, so adding a spacer to the stock height shifter makes it taller.

The B&M replaces the whole shifter. Has springs inside the rectangular portion which bolts to the transmission. It is a whole new shifter, which is very crisp and doesn't make the shifter super tall.

You get what you pay for. In this case, a lot more. Better than the TRD shifter, which is mid 300, a short shifter arm, and a very rare item which is no longer made.

Better for you to ask questions about why something "seems" so expensive, compared to something else. Before throwing comments out which clearly indicate insult, as well as a last of knowledge on the subject.

I say price bump back to $400, due to the rarity, and such a high-quality product. ;)

Just a FYI, the B&M shifter is the same height as stock.

When you do the URD, it adds 3/4" of height.

The TRD has a 3/4" spacer like the URD, but it's stalk height is about 1 1/2" shorter than stock.

$350 ~ $400 is the going price for a B & M shifter.

I have used them all and they are all good.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My lack of knowledge on the subject. :)

SooRunner

Reaction score
Well said guys, thanks! Human nature to bash on people before they did their homework huh?

Top Bottom