Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bluetooth mics

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Where has everyone mounted their Bluetooth mic, just trying to get some ideas like stealth location and clarity. Post them pics!!!

madtrucker

Reaction score
Mine is clipped to the front edge of the headliner. Right in the center. That is where the stereo shop put it. I'll try to get a pic.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Right next to the top of the a pillar is a good spot or if you ever think of anyone else in the truck will be talking, putting it near the map lights would good too!

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Mine is up just above a pillar as well connected to the headliner

bluuge

Reaction score
Mine is clipped to the front edge of the headliner. Right in the center. That is where the stereo shop put it. I'll try to get a pic.

Same here.

image-3861613315.jpg

06 xrunner

Reaction score
As long as your wire is long it's not bad at all..just pop off the a pillar which is only 2 screws/bolts behind the covers and pop off the lower piece below steering wheel and run it from stereo under steering wheel compartment and up pillar

Actually your gonna wanna do it in the reverse order though so you don't have to pull the mic through everything

Last edited:

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I ran mine into the glove box. I don't use an ipod just a USB flash drive. You can just remove the glove bbox and run the cord down in behind it and put it in there.
You should be able to go through your ipod from the deck so it should be fine in glove box.

or you could run the cord out and mount it somewhere if you wanted to do that

madtrucker

Reaction score
Me too, ipod is in the glove box. I don't like exposed wires.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
But what if you wanna run your iphone while using the nav on the iphone? where do you suppose i might put it then? The glovebox would prolly be out of the question for this one. Also I would like to add that beer is good and so is whiskey, both of which I am currently drinking. Cheers!!!:rockon:

06 xrunner

Reaction score
But what if you wanna run your iphone while using the nav on the iphone? where do you suppose i might put it then? The glovebox would prolly be out of the question for this one. Also I would like to add that beer is good and so is whiskey, both of which I am currently drinking. Cheers!!!:rockon:

Sounds like you having a good night man..wish I was enjoying a drink instead of being at work lol
I'm not sure if your deck can control that stuff or not might wanna look into it

if not then I'd recommend finding somewhere close to the deck to mount it so there isn't wires running everywhere that you notice

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Sounds like you having a good night man..wish I was enjoying a drink instead of being at work lol
I'm not sure if your deck can control that stuff or not might wanna look into it

if not then I'd recommend finding somewhere close to the deck to mount it so there isn't wires running everywhere that you notice

I know those feels, I work some weird hours too, It'll support it but I'm just used to being able to have my phone handy while also using the ipod function of it. So I'm just spitballin seeing what everyone else has done or I might have to come up with something else so I can still have the accessibility.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score

I ran my USB out below the cup holder. But I did it at the bottom I left 3 inches hanging out so it's just enough to grab and plug in. But when your not using it it's not so noticeable

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I have a docking kit for my phone that has a suction cup that I put next to the a pillar and routed the wire down into the dash. Have 9' of cable with mine so it will make it to the dash. I can still reach the phone and see when I need to and is not distracting. Personally would recommend spending the money for a blue tooth radio, you will thank me later!

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I have a docking kit for my phone that has a suction cup that I put next to the a pillar and routed the wire down into the dash. Have 9' of cable with mine so it will make it to the dash. I can still reach the phone and see when I need to and is not distracting. Personally would recommend spending the money for a blue tooth radio, you will thank me later!

I already bought a Bluetooth radio (should be here tomorrow) but i like using the iOS navigation so that's my whole concern really. Just being able to pick up the phone and read the next exit in case I missed it for whatever reason. Ill prolly wind up doing what 05xrunnerx did. So that way it's there when I need it and then I can just tuck it between the seat when I don't want anyone to see it.

bluuge

Reaction score
How horrible is it running the wire all the way over there?

wasnt too awful bad. follow what 06 xrunner recommended.

Ok well one more question then, where did everyone run ipod cables to?

the USB cord was long enough to run from the back of the headunit, along the side of the gear shift, under the cup holder, and inside the center console. i suppose you could always find a USB extension if your cord isnt long enough. very clean, out of the way, and easy to control.

Top Bottom