Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bolt ons

volcomstone_1223

Reaction score
I had the 76mm, helped throttle response when I was n/a with a custom intake I had that was 3" and mounted perfectly to the 76 (no reducers), eBay 4.7 throttle body, I picked mine up for like 40 bucks, the larger valve helps

Braking Bad

Reaction score
The throttle plate bocks part of the flow even when wide open. So having it larger than the manifold makes some sense.

justin13703

Reaction score
Throttle body spacer is useless. Intake manifold spacer on the other hand has been said to show some gains.

Phracker

Reaction score
Throttle body spacer is useless. Intake manifold spacer on the other hand has been said to show some gains.

If the spacer is downstream of the throttlebody, the principle is the same.

Porsche VairoRam is a good example of extending the length after the throttle body to a shared section (individual intake runners remain constant) can increase low end. The only extra the Germans do is add additional valves to shorten it when the RPMs start to climb.

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Why would you remove the throttle body spacer it actually gives you more torque which is great when you have cat less exchaut.

They do nothing for fuel injected vehicles. If you ditch it your coolness will go back up to a decent level.

If the spacer is downstream of the throttlebody, the principle is the same.

Porsche VairoRam is a good example of extending the length after the throttle body to a shared section (individual intake runners remain constant) can increase low end. The only extra the Germans do is add additional valves to shorten it when the RPMs start to climb.

A throttle body spacer is a spacer that is a chunk of metal that is installed just after the throttle body. The idea is to "straighten" or "swirl" the air so that it mixes with the fuel better. The problem there is that the fuel is mixed behind the intake valve(s) so any swirling or straightening is gone by them.

The Porsche VarioRam you are taking about is variable length intake runners not a throttle body spacer.

Phracker

Reaction score
The whole mixing fuel for multi-point fuel injection is no better than electric superchargers or magnets on your fuel lines (anybody remember that gimmick?).

Sorry, should have been more clear in my post. My thoughts were that by installing a spacer you are changing the length on your intake system from the point of the throttle body to the cylinder head. The increased length length should result in better low end torque.

VarioRam was the example I used because it shows that a single throttle body design intake system sees the benefits of increasing the intake’s overall length.

justin13703

Reaction score
The increased volume or length from a throttle body spacer is so minor that it does essentially nothing. And the whole "vortex" effect that they market these with stopped doing anything after carbureted engines went away.

30Birdy

Reaction score
So if I bolt 10 of this spacers together, that is at least 100 LBS TQ increase, right?

Oh yeah and I call dibs on that beach front property:rofl:

Phracker

Reaction score

Attachments

• Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 157
Top Bottom