Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bolt ons

mikorockhard

Reaction score
What are some bolt ons that are available for our trucks?
And what would be considered full bolt ons for our trucks?
I already have headers, full exhaust, throttle body spacer, maf calibrater, short shifter, colder spark plugs, and a urd tcai.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of "bolt on". A supercharger bolts on.

There are a couple hot NA guys here who will probably chime in. Sounds like you already have most of the usual suspects.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
That's really it dude. Throw on a supercharger, and that's just about the last bolt on you'd need.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've got full exhaust and intake, what other bolt ons are you looking for?

mikorockhard

Reaction score
This thread is to see what other bolt ons there are besides the ones already have. I've been doing research and come up with a bit more bolt ons which are intake manifold spacer, larger throttle body, hayden or flex-a-lite e-fan, nst pulleys, and a tune. Am I missing anything?

mikorockhard

Reaction score
But now I don't know about the larger throttle body. Alot of people have been saying that they only see a major drop in mpg and that it's better for f/I than n/a motors.

mikorockhard

Reaction score
So the 70mm is worth the money? I plan in the future after installing all of the bolt ons to go boost

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I ported my throttle body adapter and port matched my manifold since I didn't see a point in bolting on a bigger throttle body if it just tappers right back down to the stock size.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is to see what other bolt ons there are besides the ones already have. I've been doing research and come up with a bit more bolt ons which are intake manifold spacer, larger throttle body, hayden or flex-a-lite e-fan, nst pulleys, and a tune. Am I missing anything?

manifold spacer - no real gains that I've seen
larger throttle body - I suppose, but like others have said it still tapers right back down to stock size after the throttle body
e-fan - they fail too often for my liking
NST Pulleys - they're not made anymore and I wouldn't give that company a penny of my money
Tune - Maf cal, Ucon are most common. Can't tune the stock ECU.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
What are some bolt ons that are available for our trucks?
And what would be considered full bolt ons for our trucks?
I already have headers, full exhaust, throttle body spacer, maf calibrater, short shifter, colder spark plugs, and a urd tcai.

Are the cooler spark plugs necessary for N/A? What gains do you see?

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
one Heat Range colder for every 75–100hp added so you dont really need them and i got the 76mm sequoia ported and polished & love it,got the 1inch manifold spacer,seems like made the torque come a little later which i like it and luck on the nst pulleys everyone wants a arm and leg for em cuz they think there gold

Phracker

Reaction score
Shouldn't a longer intake result in shifting the torque curve toward the low end? You're increasing the runner length which should decrease the frequency of the pulses bouncing off the throttle body and returning back to the intake valves.

Longer runners = better low end
Shorter runners = better high end

N/A mods:
Chip tuning - UCON or APR (discontinued I think)
Exhaust - Front to back with length of headers to match application
Internals - Cam, bore/stroker kits (Not cheap)
Intake - Less restrictive air filter, intake Spacer, or sized and tuned ITB setup (also not cheap)

E-fan is not really saving you power it's just loading the alternator. Converting mechanical energy to electrical, then back to mechanical. Alternator is not 100% efficent, so you need to spend more energy to drive the motor of the fan.

Stick with the stock fan or run a clutch fan if you wish to play around with that. E-pumps for street use are the same, it's mainly track applications that benifit from these mods.

mikorockhard

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see the point of a larger throttle body if the intake manifold isn't ported to accommodate the much more air being supplied to the system.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score

What I'm not getting is if you know all these things, what else is there to find out? There's really nothing else N/a.

Top Bottom