Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boyo Rear View Camera Wiring

FireB

Reaction score
I got a head unit that has the backup camera hookup.

Now, am wondering if anyone knows how to direct the wire from the rear license plate to the inside of the car?!
I would like to know the most simplest and clean way to guide the wires to the inside of the car.

I hope someone knows!

Thanks in advance! :adore:

xrgilly

Reaction score
u buy and 09 and get the back up cam in the mirrior

rich017

Reaction score
The easiest way would be to put the truck on jack stands. Run the wire directly from the license plate down the driver side frame. Zip tie the wire every foot or half a foot to keep it inside the frame.

Under the driver side seat truck you will see some rubber grommets that you can remove or put a small hole in. Run the wire up through that once you run it down the frame and now you will be under the seat. Remove the seat prior and then run the wire under the carpet to the door sill on the driver side. Then all you have to do is run the wires down the door sill, up to the the dash and then across inside the dash to get to your HU

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I would do what Rich said with the addition of adding some wire loom to the exposed exterior wires. :top:

FireB

Reaction score
Nice, it seems like a weekend project for me!
But thanks to the rubber grommet you have mentioned, it is going to save me A LOT of time!
You guys are awesome!

Thank you!

FireB

Reaction score
Just an update of how easy this car is made for aftermarket parts!
This car has so much rubber grommet underneath the car it's amazing!
Also, the Rear View Camera went in very very easy.

sat4.jpg

Thanks for the support!

FireB

Reaction score
Thanks I am really growing on this Head Unit!

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Just curious what HU that is? I have a kenwood that has the backup cam hook up too! And curious wat the cam looks like from the the back! Were u able to hook it up to come on when u put it in reverse or do u have to turn it on urself? Jjust wondering, I been wanting hook a camera up to mine or trying figure out how or if I could hook up an 09 tailgate handle to my truck!

Looks good keep it up!

FireB

Reaction score
It is a clarion NX500

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/produc...ion/NX500/us-en-product-pf_1259394334521.html

I like the Display because it is simple.
I'm sure that there are a lot of pioneer and eclipse lovers here but I am not that much of an audiophile so this will do for me.

I have the Boyo VTL-425
http://www.boyovta.com/products/vtl425.html

It actually came with the head unit for Free so I got lucky.
Also, I did not have a license plate frame for the rear and this made it kinda nice to have at least the top be firm on the bumper.

I did not try putting the reverse wire yet.
I know there is a wire but instruction does not say anything about it.
It states to tap it to the reverse lights so I'll do that this weekend to see if it will switch the screen to the backup camera.
If it does, it will be really sweet.

For the pictures, give me a little time and I should be able to upload it.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
where did you mount your camera? i had mine mounted right under my truck ... dont really like the positioning ... cant see my bumper like yours lol ... i got the Boyo also ... good camera for the price!

FireB

Reaction score
Promised Pictures!

cam1.JPG

cam2.JPG

It is the Top Bracket of the License Plate where the Camera is mounted to.

Were u able to hook it up to come on when u put it in reverse or do u have to turn it on urself?

Yes, I tired the Red and White Wire tap for the reverse gear and it works.
When the car is in the reverse gear, you do not have to touch anything and the unit will automatically turn on and off the rear view camera.
This is confirmed also.
:rockon:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
That looks pretty good! Very small like the look a lot better than others I have seen! I have a tag cover though so couldn't mount one like that had thought bout drilling a hole under tailgate putting one in or get one like urs and still mounnt it under there!

How does it look at night?

FireB

Reaction score
Of course there are noise but you can still see it pretty well.
I really have not tested this unit in a complete darkness so when I have time, I will try to post that up also.
But from today, I did see a lot of noise but pretty visible for.....$0 I paid.....LOL

Top Bottom