Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cipher Auto Racing seats Review

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Ok, well first the good, they are pretty damn comfortable and they look nice....And thats about it.

Now the bad, the seats, in there lowest installed position, are still significantly higher than the stock seats. . This gives my truck a very scary feeling of being taller, like i'm drving a Pre-runner. :thumbdown:

There custom brackets, that i paid 170 for, are to blame for this. Not the seats, i guess. Im really friggen pissed off that i payed 170 bucks for brackets, that i could have made my self, and at-least they would have given me the same seating position, its like they did no research at all when designing them...:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
So now i need to go pay someone to get the brackets modified so they actually work right. Oh, and i had to cut off the end of the upper brackets highest mounting point, so that i can even install them on the lowest of three settings because it hit the lower frame... otherwise, it would have been even worse...:ahhhhh:

Of course, this is on top of the lack of support FOR EITHER DRIVER SIDE OR PASSENGER SIDE AIRBAGS. Which i dont care/already was aware of...:dontknow: I only have the driver side-seat installed ATM.

Definitively not recommended, unless you build your own brackets. and of course don't mind having no functioning airbags... the latter doesn't bother me, don't ask... :rolleyez:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sparco has a bracket that fits the Fj. Very slight Modification necessary.

So I guess you are ridin' Cadillac style now huh? Lol

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Any pics of the seat ridin big rig style in the truck?

dramad1

Reaction score
the seats look bad ass but they are a lil high:thumbdown: good thing about them is when he took me for a ride- you dont slide around it your seat when making power and hes got alotta power. i liked them but they need a drop kit lol

Reaction score
Doesn't it bang your head. My head is already up at the roof, just an inch or two away from the ceiling. Headbanger.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Doesn't it bang your head. My head is already up at the roof, just an inch or two away from the ceiling. Headbanger.

I put my helmet on, it hits the roof with the new seats. im only 5' 11":dontknow:

But yah, i need like 2" off the front and inch off the back. Tough part is finding time to have the brackets sent off/modified, as my XR is my daily...:thumbdown:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Any pics? I imagine those seats still look sic in there thou.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i spoke with cipher earlier this week the only hold up is finding a new fab guy and im am working on it i modified my bracket my self here are some picks of the seat

Attachments

• new braket.jpg
    new braket.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 310
  • new braket 3.jpg
    new braket 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 362
  • new braket 4.jpg
    new braket 4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 319
  • new braket 5.jpg
    new braket 5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 316

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
i spoke with cipher earlier this week the only hold up is finding a new fab guy and im am working on it i modified my bracket my self here are some picks of the seat

Wow. Just realized you replied to this. Hahaha. So hows the heights now that you did that? Still too high, or just right?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
djcsx-runner has a nice setup how has his mounted. I wonder if there is a way to fab up some trip to cover those seat tracks for a more cleaner look.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
x20Runner05 said:
djcsx-runner has a nice setup how has his mounted. I wonder if there is a way to fab up some trip to cover those seat tracks for a more cleaner look.

Plasti dip them

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Did they ever get these brackets fixed or find a answer to having the airbags work with racing seats,i cant stand the og ones,im a skinny guy and slide around the seats

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Did they ever get these brackets fixed or find a answer to having the airbags work with racing seats,i cant stand the og ones,im a skinny guy and slide around the seats

I'm not sure this was 4 years ago, but may I suggest you eat a cheeseburger? The stockers aren't that wide :rofl:

sonic555u

Reaction score
I'm not sure this was 4 years ago, but may I suggest you eat a cheeseburger? The stockers aren't that wide :rofl:

That's true I'm too fat I'm about 245 5'9 and I feel like I'm too big for the seats . I'm just too wide i need to get full size truck seats so my love handles can be comfortable.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Corbeau has an adapter for the passenger air bag sensor.

The driver side just requires moving the sensor and bracket over.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Planted, a seat mounting bracket company, sells direct bolt-in brackets for the Tacoma. Much better than these here.

I posted them in the other thread JPayne. :top:

Redline

Reaction score
i remember this floating around instagram a while back. Sweeet!! :blurock:
noname.png_zpsaod5mded.jpeg

Top Bottom