Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dash kit for double DIN head unit that is high quality?

ac281

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong section. Can anyone advise me on a dash kit for a double din head unit that isn't a POS? I bought one from some local car stereo shop when I bought my AVIC-X920BT and I'm very disappointed in it. It's cheap, plasticky, and just doesn't fit right.

I'd gladly pay extra for something that doesn't look like junk, any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks again,

AC

RRCanuck

Reaction score
I dont think there is too many options out there man. I bought a scosche dash kit off ebay for under 17 bucks that came with a free wiring harness. The kits pretty decent, especially for under 20 bucks.

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I have a metra one. It is decent. You can order them off of taco tunes.

I will be getting my Coupe custom one installed soon though:blurock:

adamewwy

Reaction score
I got mine off of Tacotunes.com. I've got a Pioneer double din. I bought the textured one that actually matches the dash so it looks pretty good. I got the kit that came with harness and a set of crimpers and caps and screwdriver socket set to install the whole thing. I believe with shipping it was like 60 bucks. It was well worth the moey IMO cuz I had all the tools with kit and also the matching mounting kit looks great. Here is the link to the site.

http://shop.tacotunes.com/main.sc

ac281

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks bros. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

I'm probably gong to modify if to have a USB port on it also, possibly.

What kind of goodness has Coupe been up to? A Coupe custom dash kit? hmmmmmm.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks bros. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

I'm probably gong to modify if to have a USB port on it also, possibly.

What kind of goodness has Coupe been up to? A Coupe custom dash kit? hmmmmmm.

It is for single dins. I don't know if Coupe has one for a DD yet. As the man himself:top:

Here is his
DKTripleGagePod016.jpg

rich017

Reaction score
Scosche.

The Metra one is pure junk and looks cheap. I have had both

justin13703

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure mines a scosche and it's solid, matches the color perfectly and fits perfectly. Usually the vehicle specific kits like these are pretty high quality weather it's metra or scosche, not like the multi kits that have to be cut and all that.

rich017

Reaction score
No offense guys but its the other way around when someone says " oh i want something cheap " we give them Scosche. But when they want something nice and get what they paid for we give them Metra..:top:

i actually have a gb going on for them
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=46098

Lol, you have to be joking. The Metra kits are a joke. The texture is way off as well as the color and the kit itself is cheaply made. I have had both Metra and scosche and I will never buy another Metra product.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
yeah i second that...the metra kit is craptastic. got a scosche kit and a free wire harness for 25 bucks shipped. 10000000000 times better than the metra

gunner76137

Reaction score
I also have the scosche and it fits good but I first painted mine but then I wrapped it.
First in Ol'Blue then Radiant Rebel and then wrapped it.
100_1630.jpg

100_2599.jpg

100_3455.jpg

Reaper13

Reaction score
@gunner, damn, now I'm gonna have to do that.lol
I don't remember who said it, but as for as the kits go, for our trucks scosche makes the better one. I bought a metra one to replace my cracked scosche...put the scosche back in and decided I'd just deal with the crack.lol I've been an MECP installer since I was 16 and the metra kit really turned me off when I was having to sand down spots for the clock to actually look right.

hutlet_10

Reaction score
I really like tacotunes, i have ordered lots of stuff from them, dash kit speakers, steering wheel controls etc,

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom