Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM preparing...

bluXkid

Reaction score
So, I've been going through threads trying to gather as much info as possible to prep me for the install and just everyday issues involved. I'm still on the fence between the 3/3 or 3/4. If I go 3 I will try it out without the notch. From what I've read tho, I'll still want the notch but whatever. So, the plan is new moog ball joints installed in the new arms, a 1/2" strut spacer because the front driver side has some nasty taco lean going even now with the SOS drop. I've already removed the bumpstop housings in the rear, as well as modified the dumb brake line bracket on top of the axle. I've read some guys relocate their charcoal canisters but haven't got a definite answer about it. Basically what I'm asking is from the guys daily driving on the kit what else should I do while it's tore apart so I won't have to go back for issues later. Any help is appreciated.

justin13703

Reaction score
I would do the 3/4. It will make it sit more level. But either way you go I would notch it, and yes if you notch the frame you do have to relocate the charcoal canister or you will crack it. I never had the djm kit but that is what I would do. A 3/4 with a notch and relocate the charcoal canister. The djm guys will probably chime in soon with some more info.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Also, is trimming of rear fenders necessary on stock wheels/tires?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
You move the charcoal canister if you have a urd track bar.
Get longer bumps tops, the ones in the kit r too small
Get the control arms stripped and powder coated.
Zip tie the rubber brake lines on top of the axle out of the way. Because they will rub on the bracket.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
What's the deal w the charcoal canister ? I'm 3/4 and didn't relocate mine

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
It should be fine if you don't have a track bar.

justin13703

Reaction score
Oh yeah you're right, I forgot the trac bar is what did it. My fault

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
I've got those bumps. I love them. Kept my rear from rubbing my tires

bluXkid

Reaction score
Good stuff so far guys, thank you. This is what I was looking for. Keep the stuff coming.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Oh, I'm running a Reese hitch too guys. I'm guessing that'll have to go huh?

Also, how effective is the rear sway bar with the truck that low? Is it affected?

Honestly, how bad is the bumpsteer up front?

Last edited:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Keep the hitch, it'll save your bumper flares from hitting the ground when going up/down steep driveways. The sway bars work great brings the rear together pretty good, it is even better with the track bar. The bump steer isn't crazy but noticeable, I have the higher ppi stock height coils which helped a little. XII is in the process of making a bump stear kit, hopefully it's out soon.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I don't think stripping the arms and recoating is necessary?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Depending where you live. Some people like it rusty. The PC on mine was peeling right out of the box

Darkside-X

Reaction score
https://wheelersoffroad.com/product...hassis/miscellaneous-suspension-parts-379639/

I used the 1/4 inch poly strut spacer on the link I posted, and it was perfect for the taco lean. I would also recommend the QA1 shocks in the back. I did the 3/3, before my current set up, without the notch, removed stock bump brackets, and added short bump stops from XII, and would bottom out to easy on stock shocks. Now with the QA1 shocks it's prefect and I don't hit anymore, and can stiffen if I haul my dirt bike and gear.

bluXkid

Reaction score
https://wheelersoffroad.com/product...hassis/miscellaneous-suspension-parts-379639/

I used the 1/4 inch poly strut spacer on the link I posted, and it was perfect for the taco lean. I would also recommend the QA1 shocks in the back. I did the 3/3, before my current set up, without the notch, removed stock bump brackets, and added short bump stops from XII, and would bottom out to easy on stock shocks. Now with the QA1 shocks it's prefect and I don't hit anymore, and can stiffen if I haul my dirt bike and gear.

Still no notch??

bluXkid

Reaction score
The truck is kind of a family truck. My young boys(3 & 5) and wife load up a lot on the weekends. In town as well as some dirt roads. Opinions needed if this is a good idea for my truck to be lower than it already is. I'm itching to do it and will have the funds in about a month, I'd hate to have my family riding around and get stuck somewhere.

15taco

Reaction score
Agree go 3/4. Notch it. Re powder coat the djm arms before install.

Top Bottom