Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dtlt and o2 sim questions?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I have a set of the 1st gen DTLT's and an older o2 sim (non plug and play)....when I install the DTLT's is the o2 sim the only thing I need to keep the cel light off? I know I need new crush gaskets but do I need anything else? I want to have everything before I install them.

And the 1st gen only has one bung in each header...would it be better to get another bung welded in each collector like the 2nd gen dtlts to move the sensors and use the extensions from gadget?

Lastly I will be installing a innovate wideband gauge but still have my stock y pipe. I will put the sensor in the y pipe collector...will the readings be off a lot? I've heard and read to put it in so many places....put it in the driver header, in the aftermarket ypipe collector, run two wideband gauges. I won't be doing tuning or a lot of motor mods I just want to monitor.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
I have a set of the 1st gen DTLT's and an older o2 sim (non plug and play)....when I install the DTLT's is the o2 sim the only thing I need to keep the cel light off? I know I need new crush gaskets but do I need anything else? I want to have everything before I install them.

And the 1st gen only has one bung in each header...would it be better to get another bung welded in each collector like the 2nd gen dtlts to move the sensors and use the extensions from gadget?

Lastly I will be installing a innovate wideband gauge but still have my stock y pipe. I will put the sensor in the y pipe collector...will the readings be off a lot? I've heard and read to put it in so many places....put it in the driver header, in the aftermarket ypipe collector, run two wideband gauges. I won't be doing tuning or a lot of motor mods I just want to monitor.
yes the o2 sim should be all you need. I had my wideband installed on my passenger header at the collector and I never had an issue with the readings.

think about it this way;

when you get your vehicle dyno'd, they put their afr sensor in the end of the tailpipe and it gives accurate readings. yes it is a much more sensitive system, but its still very far back from the collectors

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
This is the o2 sim I have. What does this do exactly? I know the stock headers have a set of cats and the DTLT's don't but you are putting the sensors back in the DTLT's. I'm keeping my stock ypipe on. The o2 sim is for the removed cats?

0089E3DF-AEAA-49C5-964B-027AB3F61216-3232-0000014F90330553_zps2d3339ea.jpg

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
It tricks the rear sensors into thinking that the front cats are still there or the ecu for that matter

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Oh ok cool. I never really paid attention to the performance threads cuz I never thought I would be installing headers.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
get yourself some new manifold gaskets as well....better to be safe than sorry

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't.....I still need to weld in another bung on the passenger side collector so I can hook up my wraf harness extensions.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I don't.....I still need to weld in another bung on the passenger side collector so I can hook up my wraf harness extensions.

WRAF sensors on the headers and o2 sensors on the ypipe correct? I found a thread where a wideband sensor was welded on the ypipe In front of the passenger side sensor. I think that's where I may put mine

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Will do. Do you have a wideband gauge? If so where did you mount your sensor?

WRAF sensors on the headers and o2 sensors on the ypipe correct? I found a thread where a wideband sensor was welded on the ypipe In front of the passenger side sensor. I think that's where I may put mine

I've got my wideband in the collector of the y-pipe so it can read all 6 cylinders, needed a bung welded there of course.

Your WRAF sensors will only be monitoring two cylinders if you use the bungs that the first DT have for the whole engine. For peace of mind I would get the extensions from URD and have the extra bungs in the collectors so then sensors can read all cylinders instead of just 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom