Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

E fan

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Text me..number is in my Sig.

i'm not looking to pick up anymore goodies for a while. i'm doing my drop and putting a smaller pulley on the blower and doing the fuel pump upgrade here in the next few weeks. E-fan might be one of the next things i do though when i get bored :laugh: i just can't see myself spending any more than like $200 on something like that......IF its really worth it

justin13703

Reaction score
Back in the day when I had my s10 I put an Efan on it. Bought the fan and thermostat control from summit. It did work really good, I feel like I noticed a little more power in the high rpms, and it quieted the motor noise down ALOT. Those mechanical clutch fans make a hell of a lot of noise especially for the first couple minutes after start up. Just make sure you hook it up to your ac correctly or when you come to a stop if the fan isn't running your ac won't work.

grifter95

Reaction score
Thinking I need this for my built engine. Do i need anything else or is this kit complete with controller, wiring, etc?

Also what did you do with your factory fan/clutch. How much of the assembly was left/removed?

Last edited:

sixstringdave

Reaction score
There is a thread that a few of us discussed long ago.

I like having an E-Fan. I felt a little bit of a change, not much, but every bit helps, right? It performs just fine even in the summer heat in crazy traffic. Its been at least a couple of years with no issues whatsoever.

You can do them for very cheap. On page 3 of the thread at post #25 is where i do my write up of mine. With Pics!!!

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=36588&highlight=electric+fan&page=3

Ducracer

Reaction score
ok so it was a month ago with the last post but i can offer a little extra info i didnt see. I have run e-fans on my last couple jeeps and tacoma before the xr. great investment. usually gained a little in gas mileage. feel a little bit of power gain. during the winter the fan rarely comes on at all. one thing i didnt see anyone post was an on/off switch. had one on every vehicle, jeeps mostly for 4 wheelin to kill it in deep water. my last tacoma had on/off switch just on the a/c circuit so i could kill the fan while the a/c is running on the highway. no need to run it cruising down the road with all that air coming in

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another fan to add. The guy running this has it on his factory radiator, with a Darton MID sleeved, built block. Said it works very well.

http://www.ffdynamics.com/

FireB

Reaction score
Suddenly so interested at something so simple....
Subscribed

Cheezie

Reaction score
I much prefer efans over clutch fan assemblies... regardless of the application.
Just make sure it flows sufficiently, and you can shroud it correctly... there is some debate as to whether a fan and shroud should encompass the entire rad, or leave some blow through space around the shroud...
you should also check to be sure that the electrical draw will not be too much, wouldnt want to melt something or destroy a charging system.

I have ran Black Magic efans on most of the vehicles I have owned.

kharrar

Reaction score
Ford Taurus fan

I have an efan on my 4 cylinder Tacoma 06 that I built into the shroud. Cost was $50 and $10 of hardware. Ran fine on a thermostat but added a SPAL controller, total cost $150 and it has been in for three years not a problem.

Putting a Lincoln 2004 LS fan in my X soon and will do a picture show; will be using a F5 Painless controller as it is the only controller I know that has shut down at a set mph.....

shane881510

Reaction score
What's the least cfm fan we can run without over heating problems. And what's the factory fans cfm.

kharrar

Reaction score
I have 2000 cfm on my 4 cylinder and it is more than enough and I drive in AZ! I am putting 3000 on my X-runner; fan is over 18 inches in diameter and off a 2004 Lincoln LS. The clutch fan probably has 5-10K of cfm when clutch is hot; no need for that drag.......

Nice to start your engine without the fan roar.....

Ziggy297

Reaction score
I am now very very curious about this mod. I need to quite looking at these forums because you guys are helping me spend my money faster than I can make it! :laugh:

TRON

Reaction score
It does wonders. Keeps it super cool and a/c freezing

I looked in the site ffdynamics... Seems they don't show a kit for the 2nd gen tacomas. Which one you recommend there Doublld?

Doublld

Reaction score
I looked in the site ffdynamics... Seems they don't show a kit for the 2nd gen tacomas. Which one you recommend there Doublld?

They do call them that is what I did.

zombietaco22

Reaction score
I've been on the fence with this mod. I'm trying to justify spending $400 for an e-fan...

Top Bottom