Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eclipse avn726e install

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
well i got a sweet deal on an eclipse head unit...here are some pics

what wires need to be hooked up so i can play dvds and drive?

what wires for the steering wheel controls?

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 200
  • eclipse 2.jpg
    eclipse 2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 174

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
wires for steering wheel should be plug and play in the back of the unit.
watch movies while driving, ground the e brake wire!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Some of the eclipse units are plug and play with the factory harness, so you may just be able to plug straight in for the steering controls with no issues. As for playing DVDs you should just have to connect the parking brake wire to a ground. There will probably also be a VSS wire you will need to connect.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
ok guys got the parking brake part handled...just had to hook that wire to ground for it to work.

there isnt a plug on the back of my unit for the steering wheel controls...the unit will run them but i need to splice in the wires.

any clue which wire goes to what... the wires on the unit are orange and brown, just need to know what wire on the truck they go to.

may have found what im looking for

pin 6 on the Toyota steering wheel harness (white with red stripe) goes to a ground.

pin 7 on the Toyota steering wheel harness (purple with white stripe) goes to the brown with black stripe wire on the Eclipse.

pin 8 on the Toyota steering wheel harness (yellow with blackish stripe) goes to the brown wire on the Eclipse

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Very nice unit man, nice install. That suprises me that its not plug n play for steering control. Cuz i have a older n cheaper eclipse unit and it was all plug n play.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
Apparently my eclipse is the only one not plug and play.

The above wires are correct and it works perfectly. Thanks guys!

No module needed... Good thing those are expensive.

Last edited:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
just picked up a sirius xm tuner for it on ebay for 50.00 + shipping

i already have a standalone sirius unit in my truck, but it will be nice to have one directly connected to my headunit instead. itll look a lot cleaner.

rich017

Reaction score
The 726E is not compatible for direct plug N' Play. Just ground the e-brake wire, and the VSS is a violet/white wire behind the coin tray that flips out to the left of the steering wheel. Just splice into that and the Navi will work MUCH better.

Congrats on a BA unit. The AVN726E is pretty hard to come by since Eclipse pulled out of aftermarket car audio a couple months after they released this unit.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
the navi seems to work just fine without the vss hooked up.

i got everything needed for 600

rich017

Reaction score
the navi seems to work just fine without the vss hooked up.

i got everything needed for 600

That's good. I had the model before this and without the VSS hooked up, the navi would take forever to keep up with where I actually was. Hooked it up and it worked like it should.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
took a few daytime pics yesterday. the dash kit that came with it was missing a piece that held the clock/hazard stuff in. so i picked up a scosche dash kit off ebay for 25.00 came with a free wiring harness which i dont need if anyone needs one.

this kit is the non textured style and is made really well, its way better than the metra kit that i had. looks way more stock even though its not textured.

also got my satellite tuner installed, need to figure out where im going to mount it though. for now its just in the glove box. its a little retarded that sirius charged me 15.00 dollars to transfer my service from one tuner to another. oh well, its the world we live in now.

Attachments

• eclipse 3.jpg
    eclipse 3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 142
  • eclipse 4.jpg
    eclipse 4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 139
Top Bottom