Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FakeXrunners

XRabbitX

Reaction score
6201352745.html

I've been looking to buy an xRunner the past week and I ran into 3 trucks that were fake xRunners. Advertise as xRunner but were preRunners, bummer. I recently found a 2009 xRunner online but it had a "TRD Sport" decal on the back right which the seller claims to be the xRunner sports package. I never seen this before. My question, is this normal? Has anyone seen an xRunner TRD sport package?

As you can tell I'm fairly new to these awesome trucks and I just want to have a better understanding before I buy. Thanks everyone!

30Birdy

Reaction score
No such package on a real X Runner. An easy way to tell would be to look for the X brace between the spare tire and rear bumper. Good luck in your search, these are really nice trucks.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Another dead give away is the xrunner will have a 6 speed manual. But it's always best to check the VIN number. Xrunner's will have a specific VIN

XRabbitX

Reaction score
I did check the vin, which is a real XRunner. It had an xBrace, 5 lug, and 6 speed manual. Bought the truck and loving it! I know it's going to be pricey to fix up, so I'll start with the easy stuff. Going to clean up the interior a bit, update the suspension and basic engine mods... Anyone have a good website store I can look into? Floor mats, shocks replacement, air intake, etc... thanks everyone.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
If you want to lower it check out XII performance. Buck and Amy are awesome to deal with.

XRabbitX

Reaction score
Thanks bsp06xru & SgtbadA. Definitely want to lower my truck. What's a common wheel size for the xRunner after lowering? I'm just using it as a daily rn so no track. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Billy182

Reaction score
You can consider getting the stock wheels powder coated black or your color of choice

30Birdy

Reaction score
Chrome wheels look good too;). Put your wants together and start a thread, I'm sure a few of us have parts available for you too.

XRabbitX

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy new rims, maybe Volks Racing or Works...

Edgeman

Reaction score
I did check the vin, which is a real XRunner. It had an xBrace, 5 lug, and 6 speed manual. Bought the truck and loving it! I know it's going to be pricey to fix up, so I'll start with the easy stuff. Going to clean up the interior a bit, update the suspension and basic engine mods... Anyone have a good website store I can look into? Floor mats, shocks replacement, air intake, etc... thanks everyone.

My recommendation: the first things to take care of are the basic maintenance items. Oil changes (engine, transmission, differential), spark plugs, air & cabin filters, etc. Check & replace the brake pads/shoes, flush the brake fluid if it looks dark. Once everything is running properly, you can find OEM parts online. There are quite a few Toyota dealers who sell online, and for some strange reason, are usually less expensive than they sell at your local dealership. Amazon also has a lot of Toyota dealers selling through them, but to ensure you buy the right part the first time, recommend getting the individual part numbers from an online dealership's webpage, then plug that into your Amazon search. If you are a Amazon Prime member, shipping is free.

If you're looking to mod/upgrade, URD is an excellent place to search. Gadget is a supporter of this board, and provides great customer service. There are also other fantastic vendors at the bottom of the forum page.

Congrats!

Top Bottom