Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GearHead899 build thread

gearhead899

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured id finally start a build thread to keep everyone updated on my future mods etc so I dont have to start a new thread every time i do something lol. I dont really have the patience to go step by step on everything Iv done so far. So I will just give a little background story and show where I am right now. So I bought my first X-Runner back in late 2007. Was 2005 RR with 49k on it and was my baby. Got it bone stock and turned it into this with a few subtle touches...
010-1.jpg

Then in 2009 my urge to go faster took over. So I got rid of the X and got a 92 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (which i still have) But since I got rid of the 05 i always missed it. In November of 2011 I currently had my VR4 and a 87' ae86 as my daily. I went with my mom who has a Land Cruiser to the local dealership to have new tires put on and an alignment done on her truck. While we were waiting I noticed in the lot a lone 2011 jet black X-Runner. Long story short, I couldnt resist and before I knew it was signing papers and driving it home. This is how She started life...
IMG_0353.jpg

x1.jpg

Everyone knows me knows I cant leave anything stock for long. The very next week I found myself digging into a brand new truck and doing some free mods, exhaust, etc. After just over 2 years this is how she sits.

1533722_433042663492163_1127539648_n_zpsafc0add4.jpg

1514967_433042123492217_154103890_n_zps4c0224bd.jpg

936024_433042446825518_1084293137_n_zps80426d28.jpg

Im always making changes and planning for more mods in the future so stay tuned :top:

Current mods as of 12/31/2013

exterior -
TREX3 angry eyelids
black front emblem
hood scoop mod
daytime running light mod
fog light mod
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
tinted tail lights
front plastic piece removed
6k HID headlights
3k HID fog lights
craven speed stubby antenna
"holy **** green" calipers,x-brace and valve covers
Enkei Kojin 18x8.5
DJM 3/4 drop
XII street drop front coils

interior -
Kenwood headunit
TRD short shifter
TRD shift knob
Taco tunes front speaker kit
Kicker comp 12" sub
"holy **** green" steering wheel emblem
black cup holder
black window switch panels
black radio surround
black climate control surround
Whitebeauty LED dome and map lights

performance -
URD intake
URD maf cal
URD y-pipe
URD 3" cat back
URD o2 sims
Doug thorley long tubes
NST crank pulley
rennurx intake manifold spacer
Injen hydro shield filter cover

future mods -
XII sway bar kit
Qa1 shocks
TRD S/C
supporting mods for S/C

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic build. Certainly one of the cleanest I've ever seen. And by clean I mean in every sense of the word. :top:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Truck looks amazing, glad to hear I am not the only one who had an X got rid of it for some reason and went back. Love to see you do more!

gearhead899

Reaction score
Fantastic build. Certainly one of the cleanest I've ever seen. And by clean I mean in every sense of the word. :top:

u mean its not normal to wash your truck in 34* weather with water freezing in the bed before your done drying it? lol thanks man!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude! Those are some seriously sexy pictures of your truck! Looks fantastic. :adore:

And the build continues.........

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Looks amazing! The whole truck looks smooth man. I hope your truck made it into the calendar?

gearhead899

Reaction score
Looks amazing! The whole truck looks smooth man. I hope your truck made it into the calendar?

thanks man! and nope unfortunately it didn't :thumbdown: well technically it did. Someone took a group pic at xfest that made it but my truck is all the way in back and u can barely just see part of the front bumper lol

motoxx199

Reaction score
Great-looking truck man. Definitely liking the black-and-white photos. :top: keep up the good work

rennurx

Reaction score
thanks man! and nope unfortunately it didn't :thumbdown: well technically it did. Someone took a group pic at xfest that made it but my truck is all the way in back and u can barely just see part of the front bumper lol

That's how I made it too!! Lol

gearhead899

Reaction score
well after this past snow storm the weight of the snow in the bed i think finally took a toll on my rear shocks... plus im sure being this low didnt help either lol but driving it the other day i noticed it rubbing in the back waaaay more then usual. So when i got home i ordered some Qa1's and they came in yesterday. When i got home from work i threw them on and wow what a difference. wish i bought them a long time ago lol Now all i need is a sway bar kit front and rear and the suspension will be done :top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
For a lowered rig they're almost a necessity. I agree 100%, great mod.

gearhead899

Reaction score
For a lowered rig they're almost a necessity. I agree 100%, great mod.

yup! until this winter my stock shocks held up surprisingly well. i almost never had an issue with the rear tires rubbing until recently

Top Bottom