Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Haltech Elite 2500 parallel install

Blue10XR

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I want to do a parallel installation on my 2010 X. I was wondering if anyone has done a stand alone in this way? I had a shop that made promises and kept telling me they would help but I got impatient and tired of chasing them to give them my money. If anyone has experience with this type of install and can help I am very interested to give this a shot on my own. Please let me know your thoughts and any obstacles I may run into. From what I gather the Elite now has DBW and CAN bus so I should be able to retain the factory gauge cluster and not have any CEL?

I know this is not for the faint at heart but I am hoping one of you guys have the experience to help me through the project. If not I am going to be forced to find a shop and trust they will do it cleanly.
The old saying is, if you want it done right you do it yourself....

TIA for your help!

lamia2super

Reaction score
Scrap the build, sell everything or use it for another car and buy my s/c kit

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Lamia, I am sorry to hear you were scared of what I'm about to build and sold all your s^&t.
I am a turbo kind of guy. Now if there is another local here that wants to grab it, I would be grateful so I can whoop them in the quarter, like I was gonna whoop you!!:laugh:

I need professional advise from someone with experience in this, and not from a shrink ...

lamia2super

Reaction score
Lamia, I am sorry to hear you were scared of what I'm about to build and sold all your s^&t.
I am a turbo kind of guy. Now if there is another local here that wants to grab it, I would be grateful so I can whoop them in the quarter, like I was gonna whoop you!!:laugh:

I need professional advise from someone with experience in this, and not from a shrink ...

Lol !! One, you wish by the time your car starts spooling and you get traction I would have already won. Two, car would have been a antique by the time yours hits the road.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is wired in to an extension harness. Which makes it plug n play. It only controls engine functions. All gauges still work.

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Mine is wired in to an extension harness. Which makes it plug n play. It only controls engine functions. All gauges still work.
Tor, What ECU are you running? Did you do the install yourself?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
ProEFI Pro128. Had them wire up the extension harness. Installer it myself.

Blue10XR

Reaction score
ProEFI Pro128. Had them wire up the extension harness. Installer it myself.
Yeap, the problem here is that the 09+ has not patch harness available. I am looking into it now.
I spoke to Gadget today and he said he was waiting on connectors to show up. I was interested in buying some to make my own harness but it doesn't look like URD will sell connectors by themselves.:thumbdown:

Toon714

Reaction score
I had my pro efi hardwired into my factory harness. Worked fine. In my 2010

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^ First '09 Tacoma with a ProEFI. Wired in and worked superbly.

Top Bottom