Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headlight yellowing

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Ok so I did the BHLM to my truck and now I can see how yellow and nasty the covers are haha Is there a product I can use or a method to restore my covers? I have to take them apart tommorow anyways to reseal one of the lights.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I use Meguiars headlight restoration kit. Your talking about the glaze that develops on the outside of the plastic lens? Meguairs works good. I use a drill and sand the lens down w/ 800 grit, then 1000 grit, then some super fine wet sand thing they got. Then clear it all up w/ rubbing compound. It's all in the kit. Makes them clear as can be. You have to be careful not to over do it or you'll get some swirls. It seems like I get better at it every time. I have to do it about every 2 years.
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.do?q=4847

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard through them interwebs that toothpaste(regular toothpaste, non crystal type for breath) actual works ok.... Just the top inch or so on mine are yellow and I was thinking to give it a shot before busting out the drill and mothers/meguires kit....:dontknow:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I have heard through them interwebs that toothpaste(regular toothpaste, non crystal type for breath) actual works ok.... Just the top inch or so on mine are yellow and I was thinking to give it a shot before busting out the drill and mothers/meguires kit....:dontknow:

Corey I tried tooth paste on my wifes headlights. Rag came out dirty but still never removed all the scratches. I would wet sand using 500g follow it with 3000g and then hit with a polish using white pad. Top it with sealant or buy the 3m headlight restroration kit.

xrunnin123

Reaction score
I did all of that not too long ago for some reason I think it might be from the inside??:hmmmm2:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I did all of that not too long ago for some reason I think it might be from the inside??:hmmmm2:

Sorry, I have to ask, did you clean the inside lense before you put the headlights back together :dontknow:

Last edited:

Edgeman

Reaction score
I've used the Meguires kit to remove the haze from my headlights. They look fantastic afterwards, but it only lasts about 6 months before it starts clouding up again. I just bought the Dupli-color kit that has a spray-on UV coating. I'll do my headlights again in the next couple weeks...hopefully they'll still look great when it's inspection time again (in March).

Top Bottom