Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headunit advice...

aloe

Reaction score
Guy, does anyone recommend a good head unit for my tacoma....I have had alpine in the past and wasn;t impressed with them...pricey and I had 2 motor failures in each headunit I had. I have had pioneer with minor problems & would buy them again...are there any others that you guys like?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Eclipse is always a good choice, I have had the pioneer avhp4200 for a year now and I am happy with it!

Question is do you want a double din or single?

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Eclipse was known for one of the best for head units . . .but they r done! So I'm in the same booat as u! I want a double din, but I am picky with my stuff! And right now, I like the disc changer and I gotta make sure the new deck works with the steering wheel controls!

aloe

Reaction score
Eclipse is always a good choice, I have had the pioneer avhp4200 for a year now and I am happy with it!

Question is do you want a double din or single?

double din is my first choice. I have GPS on my phone already. I guess priorities are HD radio, iPod plug & steering wheel controls with pre-amp outputs. I dont need the killer system I had when i was younger just louder, better sounding music & a subbin box in the future.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a shame you had a bad experience with Alpine. Everything in my truck is alpine and I don't have a bad thing to say about any of it. If I were to stray away from Alpine I'd probably go with a Pioneer or a Kenwood.

Clewis333

Reaction score
i have a pioneer DEH p7200hd and i have no complaints
when i first got it i missed my steering wheel controls, but hd radio is awesome and the ipod compatibility is astounding
plus when it comes to tuning your system for better sound rather than just being loud i feel like pioneer has one of the better set ups

Top Bottom