Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INA-W900 Camera Input

Reaction score
Does anyone own an Alpine INA-W900 head unit with a backup camera? I am doing the install right now and I am having a problem. I have everything hooked up but I cant figure out how to connect the camera as the backup camera. I bought one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29069558157...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

but I can only get the camera to show up if I turn on the AUX in and switch to that input. This makes me assume this cable is only for aux input but I'm not sure how a camera would be hooked up then.

Reaction score
It looks like there is a separate 4 pin input for the backup camera. This is disappointing seeing the the alpine camera is $150. It seems like it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter but I didn't see any. Does anyone know if such an adapter exists?

justin13703

Reaction score
I installed one at work a while back with that radio but I honestly can't remember how it was connected. That's the only bad thing about alpines double din units, they make everything so damn proprietary it's almost like they're freaking apple.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
note from crutchfield:

Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C107D camera (item number 500HCE107D, sold separately). A composite video adapter is also included so the input can be used with most current rearview cameras. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the reverse lead to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.

Did you buy new or used? Do you have the instructions?

Just skimming the instructions, make sure the camera input is turned on in the settings on the HU, and make sure the reverse wire is hooked up correctly...

Last edited:
Reaction score
note from crutchfield:

Rear Camera Input: A proprietary rearview camera input on the rear panel is designed for use with the Alpine HCE-C107D camera (item number 500HCE107D, sold separately). A composite video adapter is also included so the input can be used with most current rearview cameras. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the reverse lead to the vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse.

Did you buy new or used? Do you have the instructions?

I just bought a cheap camera off ebay. I though I could connect that with the aux input cable but it seems like it is proprietary. I think my only options are to buy the HCE-C107D or find an adapter to connect a normal camera. It seems like the second option either doesn't exist or is hard to find. It just sucks because the camera I bought was $20 vs the $150 for theirs and it seems to be good quality.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking about the radio is it new or used? Crutchfield says it comes with the harness to hook up a normal camera:dontknow: sounds like you have it only hooked up to the aux channel though.

Sorry I dont have any experience with that HU

I think you should be looking for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-INA-...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a7233df7e#ht_3184wt_698

does that look like it will plug into the radio?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was talking about the radio is it new or used? Crutchfield says it comes with the harness to hook up a normal camera:dontknow: sounds like you have it only hooked up to the aux channel though.

Sorry I dont have any experience with that HU

Oh sorry, it was in it when I bought the truck so I don't have any of the extras. It seems like an adapter would be cheap but I didn't see any searching around. I might just see if i can figure out the pin out and make one myself if I cant find one.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

You bought the aux harness, you need the reverse camera one I just posted $23 shipped.

Reaction score
Yep that looks like it exactly. I have no idea why I couldnt find that, lol. Thanks a million.

Top Bottom