Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just got these sexy things in the mail!

butters607

Reaction score
Just got these bad motha truckas in brakeperformance.com
IMAG0172.jpg

got some hawk pads on tha way my truck is going to the track very soon

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
let us know if theres a noticeable improvement. i am very underwhelmed with my brakes and i agree.....$2000 is a lot to swallow

dramad1

Reaction score
Ss brake lines and trd pads plus stock rotors is the route im going for now. Increases pedal feel with a Lil better than stock pad. About 400$ compared to 2k. I feel ya on the price. But I have rode with Kevin in his beast and that bbk has some serious stopping power. In time.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
those SS braided lines are expensive on there own. i'll probably just do some trd pads when i need new pads. the pads on my truck don't seem to be disappearing though

burnboy

Reaction score
I have the ssbc tundra racing.com kit. With WBC yellows. Great set up. Little dusty but no squeal and cheap

butters607

Reaction score
You must have not bedded them right or something went wrong in the install. Mine are absolutely quiet... not a sound on any kind of braking.

Yea no chance they got installed wrong lol and they were broke in proper it seems like the coating is making them squeak on the pad itself. Also could be the rotors they were from brake motive drilled/slotted I think they are good rotors but the longevity isn't to good on them...

GR6RR

Reaction score
those are some cheap rotors. they'll warp in no time. the vendor or supplier of that part should have at least taped up the rotor and not sprayed the whole thing high temp black.

My buddy owns a fab/cnc shop. They slot and drill blanks all day long. from China brands to Japan brands. They even drill and slot on OEM parts. Buyer must agree to the increase in cost of parts though.
If I were to use China, Taiwan, or even Japanese brand, I would run them blank. No slots no drills.
slot and drilled are for BBK, IMO
My few cents.

butters607

Reaction score
Well if they warp they are warrantied for life so I'll pay shipping on them for a new set everytime.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
they'll warp in no time.
slot and drilled are for BBK, IMO
My few cents.

Don't know if that is so true. I have a set of stock size that are drilled and slotted and have had no plroblems.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Those look dimpled not drilled no?

Either way, I am running EBC yellow stuff and have no noise..........Paired with EBC slotted/dimpled rotors and braided lines.
Stops great, low dust IMHO, and very little wind noise.

gbrivera

Staff member
Reaction score
There are more brake option...

Hi there, im new to XRU, and there is more options for brakes, im testing some new brakes and they feel awesome.

Attachments

• 20150103_161529561_iOS.jpg
    20150103_161529561_iOS.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 179

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Im running power slot rotors and ebc yellows and all i get is alot of dust. Braking is fairly good though. Way better than stock. Steel braided lines help too

butters607

Reaction score
I have been running these a long time no issues they are great rotors and they are dimpled and slotted

Top Bottom