Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jvc kwav 60bt

Crimson KING

Reaction score
Anyone running this unit? It's just a lil over 300 for the unit and the Scosche Double Din kit. It has good reviews but I was just curious of any first hand experience with the XR. I also can't find if it comes with a harness or not.

I was also wanting to sand down the HVAC contol panel smooth to match the Scosche kit if anyone has any feedback on that. I also considered completely moving them to a different location such as the center console cubby to free up more room, but I don't know what else to fill the space up with...

Anyone done anything interesting with the 2 black panels(one is blank, one has Passenger airbag key switch) ?

justin13703

Reaction score
It looks ok, I personally wouldn't get it but if it suits you and the price is what you want then that's all that matters.

As far as sanding down the hvac controls, I wouldn't do that either, I feel like that wouldn't turn out looking right at all.

Are you talking about the blank panel below the left center vent? Most people, including me, have put a gauge in there. It's a perfect fit for most gauges and looks pretty good. I have my a/f gauge in there.

Crimson KING

Reaction score
It looks ok, I personally wouldn't get it but if it suits you and the price is what you want then that's all that matters.

What is it you don't like about it? I've not been into stereo systems for almost 10 years now.

As far as sanding down the hvac controls, I wouldn't do that either, I feel like that wouldn't turn out looking right at all.

I saw a picture somewhere on here of a blue dash that was all smooth on the HVAC control head.. It may have been done with fiberglass but I'm not sure. I just figured it would be easier to sand the bumps down and paint.

Are you talking about the blank panel below the left center vent? Most people, including me, have put a gauge in there. It's a perfect fit for most gauges and looks pretty good. I have my a/f gauge in there.

That's a good idea. A voltmeter would be nice. I'd also like to relocate the key switch for the air bags and add another gauge there. I'm seriously considering relocating the HVAC controls down to the slot under the dash and behind the shifter. Gonna take alot of resin and sanding to make that work.

justin13703

Reaction score
I think I've seen that dash before, I think it was fiberglass but I'm not certain. But the radio, I'm an MECP certified installer so I use alot of radios, the jvc's just tend to be lacking in quality and usually don't have near the control/adjustments as most other radios. They're not bad, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Top Bottom