Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kenwood excelon DNX891HD and the shark fin

Ziggy297

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the shark fin on our roofs could be used for the Navigation in stereos? I know it is for XM but do not know if the connection is the same. Hell I would be willing to splice wires to make it work. Has anyone done this?

justin13703

Reaction score
I've never seen a shark fin antenna on an x runner. Especially on an 05. So my guess is that it's aftermarket so it's hard to say what it was for. Chances are that it has no gps in it and even if it does aftermarket radios usually use proprietary gps connections.

As far as the GPS antenna for your kenwood, they don't even need to be on the outside of the vehicle so just put it in the dash somewhere behind the radio and it will be fine. Just make sure there's no metal above it

Ziggy297

Reaction score
Will do, thanks for the quick reply. The Stereo is still in the mail on its way to me and was going to get everything to make that roof mount work ( its more of a square bump but read where they were calling them shark fins). I will just put it under the dash behind the unit then.

Top Bottom