Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Motor Mounts

79centTaco

Reaction score
I hear a clunking noise coming from my passenger side when I shut off the engine. I'm pretty sure the passenger motor mount is worn out. Does anyone offer upgraded motor mounts or do I need to order this item from the dealer. I would like to replace both Driver/Passenger Motor Mounts and Transmission Mount. (2005 XR-99,000 Miles)

Thanks in advance.:top:

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
There is a guy who builds-by-order poly motor mounts. They are $400 plus shipping I think. I was going to purchase them but I decided i'd rather spend the money buying fresh rubber mounts from the dealer. There are some aftermarket options available but they are just rubber mounts like factory. I paid $55 for each side and $65 for the trans mount from the Dealer. But that's employee pricing.

Gadget

Reaction score
Better get a good look at it fast. The frame maybe failing and the mount might be getting ready to rip loose.

G

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
There is a guy who builds-by-order poly motor mounts. They are $400 plus shipping I think. I was going to purchase them but I decided i'd rather spend the money buying fresh rubber mounts from the dealer. There are some aftermarket options available but they are just rubber mounts like factory. I paid $55 for each side and $65 for the trans mount from the Dealer. But that's employee pricing.

Who makes tho poly mounts? I kno there was a guy on TW that makes solid mounts for $400

volcomstone_1223

Reaction score
Definitely check the welds around the motor mounts, both of mine cracked and DMZ Fab makes a gusset kit to fix it

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Member Bonzen, on Tacomaworld.com makes the chromoly & poly mounts. I ordered a set from him last week.

I believe the 05 and 06 year models were the ones with the most problems around the frame supports for the motor mounts. Inspection and Gussets will definitely help.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I had a shake at start up and shutdown. I took it up to the stealership. I figured it was a motor mount because the engine is running good. It was the bolts. I'm not sure which side, engine or frame. I told them to Loctite that sucker. They shouldn't be falling out in the first place. If they were torqued to spec. Still it was the least worst case scenario.

Top Bottom