Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New HU installed

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
So I just recently started doing work to my audio early this year. I was running the Kenwood KDC348U for a few months and had no intentions in changing it. I had a friend offer me a crazy good deal on a double din and could not pass on it. So I give you my new toy

Kenwood DDX719
Picked it up last week Wednesday.

Installed it myself. It has bluetooth and I ran the wire along underneath the dash and brought it out just by the fog light button. I must say at first I was hesitant but I am amazed with this HU

photo-11.jpg

Oh and if you're wondering. My old deck (KDC 348U) is gonna go into the 89 ISUZU PUP I'm working on for my younger brother.

kayo808

Reaction score
Looks good Palani! What else you got planned for your sounds? Wish i had some killah sounds in my truck lol

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Looks good Palani! What else you got planned for your sounds? Wish i had some killah sounds in my truck lol

Thanks Jon
LOL, brah you get some killer sounds!

Down the road I'll probably upgrade the rest. I'm happy with the my setup for now though. Got super good deals on the stuff I'm running currently.

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Looking hellla good bro:top:. Im a rookie to the audio scene but I was wondering, while driving can the dvd decks play a movie while the truck is in motion? Last I heard, front dvd decks can only work while parked. My boy sits up front with me sometimes and I wanted him to watch his cartoons while I drive.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Looking awesome! I love the look of the double din with no buttons! So clean.

Murderface

Reaction score
Looking hellla good bro:top:. Im a rookie to the audio scene but I was wondering, while driving can the dvd decks play a movie while the truck is in motion? Last I heard, front dvd decks can only work while parked. My boy sits up front with me sometimes and I wanted him to watch his cartoons while I drive.

I believe that the DVD players have a way of telling if the parking brake is on and that stops it from playing while driving but CAN be bypassed

kcidmil

Reaction score
Double Dins look so much sexier than the singles IMO. Mainly because the pocket ruins the look.

And yes DVD units are supposed to be wired so the video portion will only work when the parking brake is engaged. However it is real easy to bypass... not that I know anything about that. :whistle:

justin13703

Reaction score
Looks good, the Kenwood and Pioneer double dins are the only ones worth the money IMO.

And yeah the Kenwoods are easier to bypass the e brake, I believe they just need to be grounded, the Pioneers on the other hand need either a switch, a relay, or need a pin moved on one of the harnesses.

mixplate_xr

Reaction score

trust me bro, I'm definitely a rookie too. but I'm a big DIY guy when it comes to the truck. Most DVD players have to be wired so that they can only play while the parking brake is on. You can bypass it though. For mines all I had to do was ground the parking wire sensor. Others use relays and etc..

Looking awesome! I love the look of the double din with no buttons! So clean.

thanks! definitely loving it

nice palani! i need to get myself a headunit!

Thanks Deran!

Last edited:
Top Bottom