Oil change?

TommyXrunner

AMSOIL is all i use after experiencing how amazing it is. last time i left it in for 10,000 miles and it still looked almost new and didn't burn any oil. just changed the oil filter at 5k

justin13703

Just use the factory weight, which is 10w30. Amsoil is good stuff, I usually use mobile 1 full synthetic. And use a oem Toyota oil filter. They're the best by far.

hottacoX

Staff member
Just use the factory weight, which is 10w30. Amsoil is good stuff, I usually use mobile 1 full synthetic. And use a oem Toyota oil filter. They're the best by far.

Read your oil cap bud.....

5w30 is oem recommended..... If your in a colder area for the winter 10w30 is good for startup but may not be as great of an option during the hot summer months...

justin13703

5w30 is oem recommended..... If your in a colder area for the winter 10w30 is good for startup but may not be as great of an option during the hot summer months...

Oh crap you're right lol I hear people on here saying they use 10w30 so much I guess it just stuck

My apologies. Brain fart moment. I've always used 5w30 in my truck. Idk what made me think 10w30 last night. Long day at work I guess

Last edited:

Gadget

I think you have stuff backwards.

I run 0w30 because it gives the best cold start protection no matter if it is hot or cold out.

G

Edgeman

I think you can might get by with "standard" oil change intervals for a TRD supercharged X, since it has a self contained oil reservoir (but I would definitely only use synthetic oil!). If you were turbocharged, you would definitely need to reduce your oil change intervals, since they are plumbed to use your engine's oil.

I haven't made the boost leap since the X is my daily driver. Even with that in mind, I still change my Mobile One ever 5K miles. I know that's way early, but since Mobile One is relatively inexpensive (especially if you buy it in the 5 gallon jugs from Walmart), I don't mind the extra insurance towards a long life.