Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

On my way to the RX8 wheel mod

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Look what I picked up today for $400.00 for all four. Next step is to get them bead blasted and powdercoated. They bolt on and clear everywhere but they sit in too far because of the +50mm offset. I will run a 1.25" spacer to bring them out to where my current wheels are.
I can't wait to get these on.
100_2216.jpg

100_2217.jpg

100_2220.jpg

and finally the look I am shooting for..
rx8leveled9ay.png

taco-X

Reaction score
thats gonna look sik im jealous.:motz: :bawling:

07XR808

Reaction score
wow that will look nice once its powder-coated

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I agree...the rims kinda look like the XR wheels. I think it will look good with them on...the only thing is you should get rid of the Mazda logo on them.

morcheez

Reaction score
those are going to be sweet....kickin u up a notch even farther for the baddest reg cab taco around

REG CAB X

Reaction score
I agree they look sorta like the X wheel. I think the extra little lip on the X wheel makes it look cheap and sloppy. I think the straight edges of the mazda wheel look a lot better. I am already modifying the centercaps. I have some Toyota symbols that I will probably use and paint black.

Anybody know off hand how much a bare XR rim weighs. When I shipped mine out (boxed up they weighed in at 34lbs. a piece. My chrome rims weighed 31 lbs. boxed. The bare rx8 wheel weighs in at 22lbs. I am just curious to see the difference.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Great for you! I wouldn't do the black powder coat :dontknow:

DMC

Reaction score
Sweet score...can't wait to see them on!:top:

Jonathan

Reaction score
I agree they look sorta like the X wheel. I think the extra little lip on the X wheel makes it look cheap and sloppy. I think the straight edges of the mazda wheel look a lot better. I am already modifying the centercaps. I have some Toyota symbols that I will probably use and paint black.

Anybody know off hand how much a bare XR rim weighs. When I shipped mine out (boxed up they weighed in at 34lbs. a piece. My chrome rims weighed 31 lbs. boxed. The bare rx8 wheel weighs in at 22lbs. I am just curious to see the difference.

32 lbs each

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Sweet score...can't wait to see them on!:top:

Hey DMC! Nice Sig! Slime Green or Lime Green, Black, and Blue are my favorite colors. You have two of them in it. Just thought I would share that. :top:

nxrunner

Reaction score
Hey Thats some nice looking wheels.
I would definetly leave them silver.:top:

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Hey Thats some nice looking wheels.
I would definetly leave them silver.:top:

I am shooting for a 2 tone theme for my truck. The chrome wheels match nothing on my truck. I am definitely powder coating them either flat or matte black. I don't want them shiny. If my truck was all black I would keep the chrome.

CosmosX_az

"Magic Carpet"
Reaction score
let me know when you are goin to powder coat maybe i'll get mine done with you...

DOGO X

Reaction score
Good luck! I have Black chrome powder coat some parts of my 52 ford and they came out great, still thinking that black don't match yours but hey, go for it :top:

Top Bottom