Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pioneer avh-p4200

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
hey guys just got the pioneer avh-p4200 head unit installed in the x, and i love it so far. but the other day i tried to playback video files off of a jump drive and a sd card and couldnt get anything to play. i know that the video file have to be in divx format but it still wont play:hmmmm2:. does anyone on here have this head unit and know how to get get it to work. thanks.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Sorry! I thought you were talking about the iPod control. Haha! I don't think you can watch videos off of the SD card. As for the jump drive, I know you can't. You either have to use the iPod control, or you can burn the movie files to a DVD as a Divx/Data disc and play them that way.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
Sorry! I thought you were talking about the iPod control. Haha! I don't think you can watch videos off of the SD card. As for the jump drive, I know you can't. You either have to use the iPod control, or you can burn the movie files to a DVD as a Divx/Data disc and play them that way.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
its kool man i actually just figured it all out today, i called pioneer and found out about the ipod cable, getting that cable is gona help fix alot of issues haha.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score

you can use the sd card or usb to watch videos. its even on you tube..

its kool man i actually just figured it all out today, i called pioneer and found out about the ipod cable, getting that cable is gona help fix alot of issues haha.

what they tell you?

rich017

Reaction score
I have the same unit. Only way to watch movies are off a DVD or through the iPod/iPhone. For that you also need the optional cables. Not one that is the iPod cable to USB.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score

you can use the sd card or usb to watch videos. its even on you tube..

what they tell you?

You can't watch videos off of the SD card or USB. It only plays music. TRUST ME! Infact, one of the video you probably watched was mine. Videos can only be played off of a DVD disc or the iPod.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I watch movies all the time from my sd card, usually have to play with it to find the files as i forget every time how to do it, you have to select the source ad te sd card then press media and pick the file you want there are a few more steps but I will sit down with it and see before I post more

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'll try that then. I've messed around with it for a while when the deck first came out. Couldnt get it to work.

rich017

Reaction score
I watch movies all the time from my sd card, usually have to play with it to find the files as i forget every time how to do it, you have to select the source ad te sd card then press media and pick the file you want there are a few more steps but I will sit down with it and see before I post more

Do you have the same unit?

rich017

Reaction score
My brother is looking at getting the avh-p4200. Did it get replaced by the p4300?

Anyone order one from amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P...M7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298071205&sr=8-1

Thanks guys.

It is a very nice unit. The 4200 was the 2010 model and the 4300 is the 2011 model. Same unit but different model #

My brother is looking at getting the avh-p4200. Did it get replaced by the p4300?

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P...M7F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298071205&sr=8-1

Thanks guys.

I suggest getting it from here because you get free shipping, a dash kit and a wiring harness included. You also get a 1yr warranty and Sonic's customer service is awesome.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32828_Pioneer-AVH-P4300DVD.html

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Thx! Has anyone connected a usb hub via a cable to p4200? This way you could connect an evo, itouch, etc. I know it would only allow one to play at one time.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score

Thanks guys.

I was looking at this on Amazon as well. There's a lot of very informative videos and it talks all about the video and audio playback, as well as light settings, extra options and even the cable that you need to pruchase seperately for the iPod. I plan on getting one soon, but I want to find a suitable Double Din first. The one that I've found is on taco

http://shop.tacotunes.com/Toyota-Tacoma-Textured-Double-DIN-TACO-DASH2-T.htm

And looks pretty good. How does it work but the way? Pretty cool?

Top Bottom