Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
To be blunt: My stock radio just sucks ass. So, in response to Toyota's shit radio, I ordered the AVIC-6100NEX by pioneer for my 06'. Does anyone else have this in-dash? Tell me it's the greatest thing ever.

AVIC-6100NEX.jpg

justin13703

Reaction score
It's a nice radio. I have an older pioneer double din, about 6 years old that's still running great. I was thinking about replacing it with one of the NEX radios but it just works too good lol

Gadget

Reaction score
Pretty much have replaced all the radios in my trucks with the latest Pioneer units. Very nice, the only thing I do not like about the new ones is not having a volume knob to quickly turn it down when needed.

Make sure you get the Schoche dask kit.

G

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
This is the kit that came with my truck. Think it will work? It says Metra on it, i guess that is the brand.

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 274

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
Metra isnt bad. I have one too for my Pioneer head unit. The lines on the side are just a tad off so you can sorta tell its aftermarket if you look close. Other than that its worked for me.

justin13703

Reaction score
The Metra one will work but the scosche is better quality. But if it came with the truck then I'd just use it

Nashman

Reaction score
I got the black install kit looks way better then the pos silver kit

but yes pioneer are my first choice in decks it used to be kenwood but well they kinda have dropped the ball latly

I run single din audio grade one forget the name but secound from the copper cased one i love it

justin13703

Reaction score
Personally I think the black kits give it a barebones, base model look. The factory radio is silver so I like the dash kit to be silver too. Just my opinion

Top Bottom