Powerband?

Deathoftheparty

Does anybody experience a powerband effect in some gears? I seem to get it in 2nd mostly and sometimes 3rd. Normally comes on about 3000 rpms. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

autobodyX

That's when the VVTi kicks in and you get all the valves working to get the air and the exhaust out. You need to feel it in 4th gear at 90 mph on the south strait at VIR, or a track near you. Some of it is the drive by wire just because the gas pedal is all the way down does not mean the throttle is wide open, the computer controls that. You can only ask it to provide it.

BondXII

That's when the VVTi kicks in and you get all the valves working to get the air and the exhaust out. You need to feel it in 4th gear at 90 mph on the south strait at VIR, or a track near you. Some of it is the drive by wire just because the gas pedal is all the way down does not mean the throttle is wide open, the computer controls that. You can only ask it to provide it.

I approve of this message. ;-)

Deathoftheparty

Awesome thanks for the info, the first couple times I noticed it I thought it was something I was doing like unconsciously pressing the pedal all the way down haha.

decade

Would the VVTi kicks in at higher gears? Or higher speed?

It's more make sense to me with higer rpm.... anyway, didn't feel much about it, even the V-tech on my previous honda.