Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prado URD Kit Transmission Valve Body Upgrade

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
8:1?! Does the builder just build the engines and have them waiting for buyers? Expecting turbo builds?

iniazy

Reaction score
Time to make it turbo then. ;)

Yes he's planning to. I wonder how much power can the auto transmission hold with the valve body upgrade before it gives. I doubt it will be able to take much more. He told me the garage he bought the engine from in the UAE has a 800 HP FJ cruiser. He's sent me a picture of it, I'm not sure I can share it, but here it is anyway:

IMG-20151013-WA0030_zpsqlpn99ct.jpg

If you share it, only share the link.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Damn that's sexy right there.

As far as the auto transmission with the valvebody upgrade its rated up to 500hp. That's what level ten told and I believe it's posted on their website as well. I'm wondering if it can handle more tho. I've read on other forums that the a750 trans was actually built to be mated with the v8s but ended up being used for the 1gr instead.

Ps, Inlazy you're needed needed in this other thread below...

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57352

iniazy

Reaction score
The A750E/F is mated to the 1UZ-FE, 2UZ-FE and 3UZ-FE, with a different tune, in the Lexus LS400, Land Cruiser 100 Series V8, and LS 430, before they switched the latter to a six speed. So obviously with the proper tune it should be able to handle loads of torque and power.

iniazy

Reaction score
I really can't understand how they do it, if the ECU has a ROM (Read only memory) that cannot be erased, how can they just change the factory tune? I am really suspicious.

I just sent them a PM on Whatsapp.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man! I thought I had a lot of vacuum lines!

iniazy

Reaction score
I just did another valve body upgrade for a friend who has a short wheel base Prado V6. He's naturally aspirated, but still wanted to do it. I warned him that he might not feel much of a difference but he still insisted, he wanted the fast shifting. So I did it for him and now he's very happy. He is reporting significant improvement in performance. That tells me the valve body upgrade is helpful even if you don't have significant increase in engine power like from forced induction.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Good to know! I always recommend this to fellow Tacoma guys here on the island. Especially if they don't want down time to send their valvebody in. The kit works well.

Top Bottom