Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question about adding a 4th tv...

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Question about a fourth tv in my XR. I have a flip out in-dash tv head unit. I am also running a pair of tv headrests which use up the other two outputs from the head unit. Can I use a splitter from one of the headrest units to send a signal to a fourth tv? I would like to put an additional video screen as pictured below. Will that work?

Attachments

• xrunner backseat-4th screen mod.jpg
    xrunner backseat-4th screen mod.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 105

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Question about a fourth tv in my XR. I have a flip out in-dash tv head unit. I am also running a pair of tv headrests which use up the other two outputs from the head unit. Can I use a splitter from one of the headrest units to send a signal to a fourth tv? I would like to put an additional video screen as pictured below. Will that work?

you may be able to run a 12v switch. or a replicator.

Good luck

Justin

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont see why it wouldnt work. As long as you are not trying to have a diff signal on all four TVs

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Off toPic but I thouhght u were selling ur X?

I had tossed the idea around, but i like the thing too much. Plus it's not like I'm hurting for money so I really had no true need to sell it. I just need to nite the bullet and go supercharged so I can stop telling myself how slow these trucks are. Awsoem looks, aswome handling, but unless you go supercharged they have no b@lls

I dont see why it wouldnt work. As long as you are not trying to have a diff signal on all four TVs

I'm going to buy a pigtail splicer and try running both headrests off of one output. If that works then I don't see why a fourth screen wouldn't work. Hell for that matter I could split both outputs and put the screen bewteen the two rear seats plus a screen in both of the rear suicide doors :bird:

Last edited:

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Well...Looks like my idea works. Look for some additional tv screens in the BadAzzXrunR this summer on the car show circuit :top:

SSSXR

Reaction score
glad to hear that it works.

I was actually thinking it might not, because splitting one of the outputs would throw those tv's out of sync but i guess the headunit is designed in such a way that it doesn't. cool beans :)

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Yeah...I wasn't sure but I figured it was worth a try. I'm gonna try and put a larger screen,maybe a 10" in the back seat panel and a 7" in each of the stock speaker locations in the rear doors

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup get urself supercharged and you'll never want to sell the X. I love driving mine now that it's blown, puts a smile on my face everytime I hit some boost, even when the tires brake loose in 3rd!

So let's see some pics when u get that 4th tv installed:top:

Top Bottom