Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reactivate my XRunner after 8 Years of sleep

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
After years of life changes, the time has finally come to refurbish my good XRunner, which has a few problems from the past, as well as a possible bearing damage from insufficient oil. The engine runs but it has a harsh noise from 2000rpm ... but Toyota will take care of this problem ... first I bought and fitted new original tires. Now it would be brought to my Toyota dealer in Chemnitz for an operation on the heart. .

Attachments

• tmp-cam--1211062418.jpg
    tmp-cam--1211062418.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 180
  • tmp-cam--1923820504.jpg
    tmp-cam--1923820504.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 176
  • tmp-cam-1302908989.jpg
    tmp-cam-1302908989.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 180
  • tmp-cam--529812886.jpg
    tmp-cam--529812886.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 179
  • tmp-cam--1412016943.jpg
    tmp-cam--1412016943.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 175
  • tmp-cam--480137270.jpg
    tmp-cam--480137270.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 181
  • tmp-cam--126671823.jpg
    tmp-cam--126671823.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 179
  • tmp-cam--1165884441.jpg
    tmp-cam--1165884441.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 188

mejbro

Reaction score
Welcome back!
Bring that X back to life!!!

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
update of the resurrection::cool:
today i was at Toyota to discuss further details of the repairs .. the engine is removed as well as the gearbox and cardan shaft. We discovered that the spring of the clutch was broken .. that also explains the soft rattle that could be heard .. the previous owner had probably done too many burnouts .. I contacted urd to buy a reinforced clutch .. This is not so easy if you live on another continent .. since it is the only XRunner in Germany and Tacoma`s are rarer than elephants, Toyota had to reorder the tool for lifting the motor crane .. it takes time. My dream for 10 years has been to convert my XR into a TRD replica .. But since the said TRD parts were never available here and the Polish previous owner had forgotten to buy the TRD package when buying, my chances of getting the original parts are rather poor. He preferred to order a trailer hitch and install a bull bar; he didn't understand Toyota's concept:mad::DI had to remove two crescent moons that had been cut out from the front lip, as there weren't any for sale in Germany .. maybe someone else has to give up a spoiler lip that has not been tinkered with? Pictures of the project will follow shortly! until then.. Greetings from Hohenstein-Ernstthal (Germany):)

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
This is the First Video of my XRunner!!!
IT was 2009...a halve houre after buying...WE Must 700km driving to Hamburg and Back in one day.My Brother was driving the X...

mejbro

Reaction score
Two thumbs up on removing the bull bar!
Keep the hitch, you'd be surprised what the X-runner can tow. The TRD Supercharger is just a renamed Magnuson. TRD Big Brakes are really unnecessary stopping power. I still have drums, slotted / drilled rotors in the front with Street Pads and can stop my 13 second ( 1/4 mile ) X-runner just fine. I would recommend the Hurst short shifter over the TRD everyday that ends with "y". LOOKS GREAT! I hope you can source parts easily.

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
Very cool!
Hi Steve...
The fuel pump is a good idea, I had it in mind ... I added it to the cart. When choosing the headers, I can only take those with catalytic converters, as I have to leave the XR roadworthy. We have a test center for emissions standards in Germany. And the exhaust gases must meet a Euro standard. This is junk .. for car enthusiasts .. but can be implemented with the catalytic converters. In addition, the cars have to be technically inspected by a test center (DEKRA) for approval. How long does the delivery of the headers from aFe take? I would have the rear part of the exhaust made here, as I need a decibel certificate from the manufacturer for the exhaust. In addition, the exhaust parts must be marked with manufacturer identification (badge, signature) or company logo ... The complete URD exhaust in connection with the aFe headers would be optimal ... What do you mean with the Ucon simulation? I didn't understand that correctly. .The most important question is the shipping .. it shouldn't go beyond the scope, or is it included ..? I still have to pay taxes on all parts in Germany Maybe you have a good optimal solution ??? I would be very grateful to you for good ideas .. since it is the only registered XRunner in Germany it has to stand out among the whole Volkswagen and Audi mainstream ... greetings Form Germany Kai

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
Two thumbs up on removing the bull bar!
Keep the hitch, you'd be surprised what the X-runner can tow. The TRD Supercharger is just a renamed Magnuson. TRD Big Brakes are really unnecessary stopping power. I still have drums, slotted / drilled rotors in the front with Street Pads and can stop my 13 second ( 1/4 mile ) X-runner just fine. I would recommend the Hurst short shifter over the TRD everyday that ends with "y". LOOKS GREAT! I hope you can source parts easily.
yes this bullbar was an absolute no go ... even in Germany! also the trailer hitch .. nobody builds something like that on a Ferrari ... I already have a shortened shift lever ... I also thought about the brakes, but I want to recreate the TRD package ... with stoptech and Magnuson compressor .. . Now the problems of the procurement have to be solved .. I am in contact with Steve from URD and hope you can help me ... I have a good feeling about it ... unfortunately there are no people here who have had such good experience with Loading area Ferrari have ... Greetings Kai

mejbro

Reaction score
I remember the TRD X-runner, in the Solar Yellow with the huge Intercooler. Steve is a great guy, he helped me when I purchased my X-runner from auction. It had 66,000 miles on it, but like 8 ECM Codes. He helped me before even purchasing the vehicle, as the X-runner had the first generation URD Blower/TMIC installed. You're in the right place dude. Just because a lot of guys aren't posting yet, they're reading your posts and I can assure you that this community will give you good info / feedback.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I'm following this thread. I saw one with a bull bar on here. Somebody posted it. It was like the guy went to the auto parts store and bought every tacky peace of junk. Then bolted it on to an X. It was terrible. I'm glad you're getting your X up and running. They are great trucks. They are rare in the U.S. I imagine you probably have the only one around your area. That's cool. A real conversation piece. A supercharger is always a fun addition to the X. Good luck with your project!

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
oh yes ... pullable on an xr is past the goal .. yes in my area, I'm sure in all of Germany I have the only XRunner ..... here dominates VW and Audi .. that is boring in the long run .. I follow the pickup scene in South Africa, Malaysia, Australia and the USA ... the pickups are rated differently than in Germany..Greetings

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
hello guys ... what's the problem with URD ???? I ordered things for my X for over $ 11,000 ... now I've booked the money back because nobody answers ..! neither are e-mails answered or only very casually ... normal when buying a UCON-set it says that I will be contacted.not even that worked !! it's annoying, I built my project on the expertise of these guys..but apparently the XRunners are no longer interesting enough for them? !!!! Does anyone have similar experience? Greetings Kai

madtrucker

Reaction score
hello guys ... what's the problem with URD ???? I ordered things for my X for over $ 11,000 ... now I've booked the money back because nobody answers ..! neither are e-mails answered or only very casually ... normal when buying a UCON-set it says that I will be contacted.not even that worked !! it's annoying, I built my project on the expertise of these guys..but apparently the XRunners are no longer interesting enough for them? !!!! Does anyone have similar experience? Greetings Kai
Did you get ahold of them yet? Usually Gadget is on here to respond. I can't believe they don't want your money.

mejbro

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear this news. I always received responses from Gadget relatively quick, even during "off" hours. Most of the parts I ordered came with installation instructions on a USB Stick or printed instructions. I've always gotten exceptional service, but I'm also one state away from URD. I wish you the best of luck, but as far as taking the X-runner seriously, there are few vendors that I trust, like I trust URD.

Top Bottom