Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

searching for clutch start plug/harness in 06 xrunner

Matt

Reaction score
I bought the clutch start cancel switch from Toyota and found two plugs behind the blanks but non of them fit the switch. Is it taped up and stuck behind the blanks or dash father? Has anyone done this or made there own clutch start cancel?
Thanks

justin13703

Reaction score
I thought the only things that had a clutch bypass switch were the 4wd tacomas or the fj cruisers? I don't believe x runners are wired for that switch

Making your own bypass switch would be easy if you're good with basic electrical stuff. You'll want to use the switch on the clutch that is pressed when your clutch is the whole way down. I wouldn't want one on my vehicle though lol

Matt

Reaction score
Is there any easy way of still using the switch i got and make it light up when you push it in about to start the truck and an easy way wiring the switch up to make it work? there are four prong looking connectors on the switch. I believe one is for positive, one negative, one for the light on the switch and no clue what the fourth would be for. Really want the switch to work, would be nice.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeremias

Reaction score
You could always jump the switch. Just don't expect cruise control to disengage if you only hit the clutch, it will have to be manually shut off or the brake pressed.

justin13703

Reaction score
You could always jump the switch. Just don't expect cruise control to disengage if you only hit the clutch, it will have to be manually shut off or the brake pressed.

Cruise control will still disengage. There are 2 switches on the clutch, one at the top that disengages the cruise as soon as you press down on the clutch at all, and there is another switch at the bottom of the pedal that is pressed when you have the pedal the whole way to the floor to let the truck start. This is the one that will be bypassed with the switch. The other one at the top will not be touched, so the cruise will still work as it should.

Top Bottom