Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shift Knob Remorse

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a real thing haha but I recently bought a new shift knob just to replace the random chrome looking one that the previous owner had installed. Well about 10 mins after putting on the new one I found myself missing the old one even though it's dull and in no way makes the vehicle my own which is why I wanted to replace it in the first place. Plus I had never removed the old knob until today and I'm thinking it was weighted because now my shifts are just different, it doesn't feel the same. Well the point of this whole thing is now I feel like I just wasted my money because I wanna put the old knob back on.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
If you want a nice shift knob with some character then get one from Coupe. Nice feel, weighted, and customized for the x-runner.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Why not both, like to see the good and the bad!

Coming right up.

Old
photo1.jpg

New
photo2.jpg

If anyone might be able to tell me what kind the old one is that would be pretty sweet.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I personally love the new one better but that's more my style, want to say the old one looks like a better quality but pictures only go so far.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I personally love the new one better but that's more my style, want to say the old one looks like a better quality but pictures only go so far.

Yeah the new one isn't really what I expected, it almost feels plastic to me and the old one is definitely heavier, and better material.

rennurx

Reaction score
I hate coups shifters. Just the fact they are big and round. Nothing against his work in any way. My shifter is the stock shifter out of an mr2 spyder that I took the leather off. So its just a really small plastic not round shifter knob And I love it. I wanna have it duplicated in something heavier tho.

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
I hate coups shifters. Just the fact they are big and round. Nothing against his work in any way. My shifter is the stock shifter out of an mr2 spyder that I took the leather off. So its just a really small plastic not round shifter knob And I love it. I wanna have it duplicated in something heavier tho.

I'm a little disappointed in my new one because it is bigger than the old one and a lot lighter than I expected also, so maybe it'll just take some getting used to.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

Do you have small girly hands?? :dontknow:

Coupe

Reaction score
I have a white shift knob with blue lettering that looks like this:

These are 2 1/8" in diameter. For reference, the grey TRD shift knobs are 2 1/4" in diameter.

This is weighted and has a nice heft to it.

If you want to give it a try, shoot me a pm.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
I have a white shift knob with blue lettering that looks like this:

These are 2 1/8" in diameter. For reference, the grey TRD shift knobs are 2 1/4" in diameter.

This is weighted and has a nice heft to it.

If you want to give it a try, shoot me a pm.

i have the red one....LOVE IT its the first thing people notice when they get in my truck:top:

SHUmaker

Reaction score
i have the red one....LOVE IT its the first thing people notice when they get in my truck:top:

same here man....I get compliments all the time lol plus it makes the shifts feel so much better then my TRD knob :top:

Top Bottom