Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Short shifter

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Well I was wanting to install a urd s/s and because I am not the original owner I wanted to make sure that there wasn't one already installed. When I took everything apart I came across a couple things that make me wonder. First is what appears to be a spacer already installed which leads me to believe that there is in fact a s/s of some sort already installed ( please forgive the attached pic it was the best angle I could get) and second the actual shifter has some welding on it that doesn't look at all stock. Any info on these would be cool, thanks in advance.

7480822A-D360-47F8-949B-318C9AF4A5C2.jpg

CF1E9A55-71E1-4B6B-99DD-A99199DCC19F.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep, you already have a short shifter installed

No need to go any further.

G

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
deff a SS in there, i would just take it apart and take a closer look to see what it is

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Yep, you already have a short shifter installed No need to go any further. G

Alright!!! Thanks for the info, I had no idea only because I don't know what it was like stock lol
Any idea what's up with the welding on the shifter?

deff a SS in there, i would just take it apart and take a closer look to see what it is

I don't know if I wanna break that seal lol. If it ain't broke don't fix it type thing.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
The welding could be a couple of things.

First, the bushing that joins the upper and lower part of the lever is kind of weak and can give out and the upper part of the lever will just flop around. The welding could be a repair for that, or;

It could be the result of an effort to shorten the lever to make it more sporty, or some combination of the two.

G

rennurx

Reaction score
Looks just like mine. Urd ss and welded shifter so there's no flop

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Add this to the gigantic list of parts that already have been done to your truck, cant imagine you needing to do much more!

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
The welding could be a couple of things.

First, the bushing that joins the upper and lower part of the lever is kind of weak and can give out and the upper part of the lever will just flop around. The welding could be a repair for that, or;

It could be the result of an effort to shorten the lever to make it more sporty, or some combination of the two.

G

Awesome, thank you for the info. Wasn't sure if it was a half ass attempt to fix something or any actual mod.

Add this to the gigantic list of parts that already have been done to your truck, cant imagine you needing to do much more!

Haha I know right! Thinking that now I should prolly save up for a UCON or X1 and then just start doing audio. Christmas came early with all these mods haha

Last edited:

rennurx

Reaction score
Who ever buys my truck next is gonna have endless mods to find lol

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Haha!!! I know the feeling!!

At our meet I started naming off parts I was starting to loose my breathe, got a soar throat from it even :laugh: you got more parts than most of us could dream of putting on :blurock:

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
At our meet I started naming off parts I was starting to loose my breathe, got a soar throat from it even :laugh: you got more parts than most of us could dream of putting on :blurock:

Haha yeah and some of them I didn't even know where mods like the headlights, I thought those were stock lol but I don't have as many as some of the other guys.

Lynxshd

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get extra spacers for my short shifter as when you put it on the original 2 go in the shift assembly but there is nothing to go between the s/s and the tranny.

Outburst

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get extra spacers for my short shifter as when you put it on the original 2 go in the shift assembly but there is nothing to go between the s/s and the tranny.

do you have a urd short shifter? if so, contact gadget!

Top Bottom